We lead the world in advocating, defining and implementing best practice across every field of human endeavour, from business continuity to food safety.
Since its foundation in 1901, BSI Group has grown into a leading global independent business services organization that inspires confidence and delivers assurance to customers with standards-based solutions. Originating as the world’s first national standards body, the Group has over 2,250 staff operating in over 100 countries through more than 50 global offices. The Group’s key offerings are:
- The development and sale of private, national and international standards and supporting information
- Second and third-party management systems assessment and certification
- Testing and certification of products and services
- Performance management software solutions
- Training services in support of standards implementation and business best practice.
A global independent business services organization that inspires confidence and delivers assurance to all our customers with standards-based solutions.
- We set innovative standards that are used throughout the globe.
- We provide all the information and training relating to standardization that businesses need to succeed in their competitive markets.
- Businesses rely on us to keep improving the way they run with good management processes.
- We independently test and verify products to ensure that they are up to the job in terms of performance specification and safety.
Every day worldwide people use and rely on goods and services that have been designed, inspected or tested with the help of BSI.
In 150 countries, at more than 90,000 sites, we work with thousands of organizations of all types and sizes, from the world's largest and most successful brands to ambitious small businesses.
We have many varied partners. These include international standards bodies, such as ISO, external consultants who help our clients and professional affiliations.
We’re transparent about the way we run our business and we follow best practice when it comes to corporate governance. Our board is made up of predominantly non-executive directors who bring wide experience and independence.
Our Royal Charter
We were awarded our Royal Charter in 1929. It sets out what we do and why we do it – allowing us to be transparent about our purpose.
Ethical and social responsibility
Our entire aim is to make excellence a habit for organizations globally – and we take that aim very seriously for our own organization. That’s why we’re committed to the highest ethical standards.
Every year we seek to strike a careful balance between managing BSI’s finances with proper near-term caution and making the investments required to secure BSI’s longer-term health.