Bureau Veritas Certification North America
Bureau Veritas is a Global Leader in the Quality Assurance, Health, Safety & Environmental (QHSE), Social Responsibility Industry, providing the tools and expertise to minimize risk, helping clients move forward with confidence. Our highly-skilled experts provide dependable, accurate assessments in the fields.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Health and Safety
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
The Group's network of regional and local offices manages client relationship and delivers a comprehensive range of services including inspection, testing, auditing, certification, ship classification and related technical assistance, training and outsourcing. When appropriate, Bureau Veritas also provides advisory services.
Large and small organizations, whether private or public, can rely on Bureau Veritas to support them in protecting their respective brands, assets and business. We play a key role in both risk management and performance improvement.
Bureau Veritas deploys multidisciplinary skills from over 40,000 employees in 900 offices and laboratories worldwide.
The Bureau Veritas emblem showed a young woman seated on the edge of a well with her arms raised. In her right hand is a torch, in her left a mirror. Her left foot rests on a globe.
On the ground are a pair of scales, Mercury’s wand (a caduceus), and a rooster with its eyes raised towards the woman. The horizon shows a three-masted vessel, sails billowing, passing across a bay.
The new logo, redrawn in 1990 in a pure heraldic style, adheres to the same symbolism.
Become a leader in our industry and a major player in each of our market segments and key geographical market.
To deliver economic value to customers through Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Social Responsibility management of their assets, projects, products and systems, resulting in license to operate risk reduction and performance improvement.
Our Group has built a successful global business based upon its long-standing reputation. This reputation is one of the most valuable assets for the Group worldwide and is reflected in our core and business values and our Code of Ethics.
Our core values are fixed and absolute. They focus on Integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, respect for all individuals, social and environmental responsibility.
These values are the 'cement' of Bureau Veritas to which each of us subscribes. They reinforce our unity and coherence and ensure the reality of our strategy of profitable growth.
Two of these core values:
- Integrity and Ethics
- Impartial Counsel and Validation
were the focal point of recent work conducted by our profession.
This work was led by the International Federation of Inspection Agencies (IFIA). The aim of the agency is to develop a compliance program governing all IFIA members. The goal of the program is to enhance the status of the profession by ensuring that each IFIA member:
- abides by minimum standards of professional conduct throughout its organization
- assures ethical behaviour
- assures the integrity of its services.
As a member of IFIA, we are committed to developing and implementing a compliance program which covers our entire organization. The principles and rules of this program are contained in the current 'Code of Ethics' which reflects all IFIA Compliance Code requirements.
All employees, managers and executives are responsible for making compliance a vital part of our business process and future success.
Integrity and ethics
- We act with good faith, honesty and fairness.
- We do what we say we will do.
- We state clearly our contracts and actions and deliver them accordingly.
- We follow company policies and processes.
- We respect confidentiality of business and personal information.
- We respect local and international ethics and professional standards.
- We provide information, instruction and training as necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of our teams.
- We are all required to meet our health and safety duties and responsibilities at work.
Impartial counsel and validation
- We deliver professional and unbiased advice.
- We deliver reports which are accurate records of actions in line with our best practices.
Respect for all individuals
- We treat others as they are entitled to be treated.
- We consider the impact of our personal actions on others.
- We have our individual contribution recognised and valued and receive accurate feedback on our performance.
- We respect differences, care about others and do not discriminate against others on race, ethnic origin, age, sex or religious and political beliefs.
Social and environmental responsibility
The growing commitment of companies to society creates new challenges to combine profitability and accountability.
An awareness of these new risks creates new requirements and new activities and has an effect at both organizational and management levels of the company. Bureau Veritas as a whole, and each employee individually, takes account of the impact of their actions on the community, people and business.
Bureau Veritas ensures that we are good neighbours to the communities in which we are doing business by complying with the law and acting in the right spirit.