Bureau Veritas CODDE
BUREAU VERITAS CODDE, a centre of excellence in eco-design and sustainable product development. Today manufacturers and retailers need to be more concerned by European requirements and market expectations regarding the environment and `green` issues. Bureau Veritas CODDE - Our eco-design centre of excellence is a partner for manufacturers, retailers and service organisations to help them apply sustainable design processes and evaluate the impact that their products and services have on the environment. In addition Bureau Veritas CODDE can provide solutions to improve the environmental impact of their products and also to gain a commercial advantage for their brands by becoming more environmentally friendly. Bureau Veritas CODDE is developing and distributing EIME, a user-friendly Life Cycle Analysis and Ecodesign tool.
Created in 2003 by several professional federations including French Federation of Electric and Electronic Industries to answer regulatory regulations and market requirements. CODDE joined Bureau Veritas in January 2008, as the Ecodesign and Life Cycle Analysis center of expertise of Group Bureau Veritas.
For 25 years, Bureau Veritas CODDE has been working with experts in the field of eco design. The expertise of our consultants covers many industry sectors, enabling us to help you in your projects.
Bureau Veritas Codde has been working with companies from various industriesincludi ng: electrical and electronic consumer goods, textile, toys, food processing,
chemistry, furniture, building and construction, transport and services.
The ecodesign software EIME has been developed by Bureau Veritas CODDE to analyseand quantify the carbon footprint of goods.
For this purpose, it relies on a database including information on the environmental impact of components,materials a nd transformation processes, so as to deliver an accurate analysis of all kinds of products.
Bureau Veritas CODDE's mission is to guide the players from all industries, being manufacturing or retail, through the ecodesign and LCA compliance of their products.
Initially focussing on electrical and electronics, Bureau Veritas Codde's activities quickly expanded to other industries such as transport, automotive, mechanics. But also to buildings and materials, textile, food, cosmetics,...
Bureau Veritas CODDE is also pursuing its development on the international level, as to offer you tools and services that fit your needs.
Bureau Veritas CODDE doesn't define itself solely by its expertise but it is also characterized by a set of values shared by all our collaborators:
- The environmental consciousness: We chose to convince and to support day after day the reduction of the environmental impacts. This own engagement to each of our collaborators becomes a strong value of the enterprise.
- The team spirit: Enthusiasm and synergy permit a sharing of the experiences in a transverse way within the team, the resort to the expertise of each for the profit of our customers.
- The professionalism and the rigor: The sustainable development and the ecodesign are new disciplines and in constant evolution. Our professionalism results in the anticipation and by the use of scientific tools, developed with rigor in order to guarantee their legitimacy and their maintainability.
- Customer orientation: Listening to your needs, we look for a continuous improvement and adaptation of our services. While working to be always more close to you and reactive, we succeed in proposing you personalized services, adapted to your singularity.
Our knowledge and expertise of diverse industries allow us to provide you with solutions that are tailored to your needs and your market's ones.
- Electrical and electronics
Bureau Veritas CODDE, a recognized expertise in LCA and Ecodesign
Bureau Veritas CODDE's mission is to guide manufacturers and retailers in the implementation of their sustainable development processes.
Our history began in 1996 with the development of a tool that has now become a reference in our world: EIME. Initially focussed on the electrical and electronics industries, our activities quickly developped in other industries such as transports, space, mechanics, building, textile, food and retail.
Bureau Veritas CODDE continues its development on the international level, offering you tools and services that are tailored to your needs, and fit the regulatory evolutions.
Not only are we defined by our expertise, we also bring high importance to values we share with our teams:
- Environmental awareness
We are dedicated into reducing the global environmental footprint.
Each of our consultants is highly committed into this mission.
- Team spirit
Enthusiasm and synergies allow to share experience and know how: the expertise of each consultant is offered to our clients.
- Client focus
Satisfying your requests is very important to us. We are highly committed into answering your queries on the short term and offering you tailored made services, fitting your company's needs.
Marie-Elisabeth d'Ornano, Manager - Bureau Veritas CODDE
Life Cycle Assessment
- ISO 14040 – 2006: Environmental management - Life cycle assessment - Principles and framework
- ISO 14044 – 2006: Environmental management - Life cycle assessment - Requirements and guidelines
- ILCD Handbook: regarding international harmonisation of Life Cycle Assessment practices
- XP ISO/TS 14048 - 2003: Environmental management - Life Cycle Assessment - Data documentation format management
- ISO 14045 – 2012: Environmental management - Eco-efficiency assessment of product systems - Principles, requirements and guidelines
- FD ISO/TR 14047 – 2012: Environmental management - Life Cycle Assessment - Illustrative examples on how to apply ISO 14044 to impact assessment situations
- FD ISO/TR 14049 – 2012: Environmental management - Life Cycle Assessment - Illustrative examples on how to apply ISO 14044 to goal and scope definition and inventory analysis
- ISO/DIS 14067.2 - 2012: Carbon footprint of products - Requirements and guidelines for quantification and communication
- ISO 14062 – 2002: Environmental management - Integrating environmental aspects into product design and development
- IEC 60601-1-9 - 2007: Medical electrical equipment – Parts 1-9: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance – Collateral standard: Requirements for environmentally conscious design
- NF E01.005 – 2010: Mechanical products – Eco-design methodology.
Environmental Declarations and Communication
- ISO 14020 – 2000: Environmental labels and declarations - General principles
- ISO 14024 – 1999: Environmental labels and declarations - Type I environmental labelling - Principles and procedures
- ISO 14021 – 1999: Environmental labels and declarations - Self-declared environmental claims (Type II environmental labelling)
- ISO TR 14025 – 2007: Environmental labels and declarations - Type III environmental declarations - Principles and procedures
- EN 15804 - 2012: Sustainability of construction works - Environmental product declarations - Core rules for the product category of construction products
- NF P01-010 – 2004: Environmental quality of construction products – Environmental and health declaration of construction products
- BP X30-323-0 - 2011: General principles for environmental labelling of consumer goods – Part 0: general principles and methodological framework