BWBISI pH/ORP Legacy Technologies
BWB Elite Offering of Sensors, Electrodes and Transmitters from the ISI Legacy Timeline including Four NEW products!
Find locations served, office locations , manufacturers and our distributors . Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
- less than $1,000,000 US
What do we do?
BWB+ISI offers an Elite series of industry proven pH and ORP sensors and electrodes based on Patented Technology pioneered in the late 1970s and early 1980s and perfected and updated over the recent times.
How do we do it?
With over 100 manufacturers of pH electrodes and threaded sensors globally how is an individual or an engineer to make a selection for their application out of the thousands of choices? We have narrowed down this enormous number of varied brands and designs to 17 models that can easily be selected from the BWB+ISI brochure and ordered via our on-line store.
Whom do we do it for?
We cater to end-users, skid builders and municipal, commercial and educational institutions via a global network of BWB+ISI dealers.
What value are we bringing?
Decades of design and application experience have gone into developing the BWB+ISI Elite Series. Our on-line stores make selecting and ordering the right product for your application easy with local support around the globe.
R3.256 pHLAT models include pH, pH with Pt100, ORP Platinum and ORP Gold electrodes. Featuring the Patented PTFE industry standard Reference cell system. This New Series (2020) is engineered to maximize both measuring surface area and uses novel “Never Dry Electrolyte”. Both solve problems experienced with all other manufactures flat surface 12mm electrodes. Double junction reference system is standard. All models are fitted with the IP68 rated ESA or GSA plug head with conventional PG13.5 connection and match perfectly with our Model OPA640 PVDF EZFit Housing for installation into process lines and tanks. *pH range 1-13pH, Storage and operating temperature -20 to + 220°C. .5 vacuum to +300 PSI at 20C. R3.256 pH combination double junction never dry reference with IP68 ESA PG13.5 connector. Order separate interconnecting cable and BNC connector.
Analog pH sensor technology has been around since 1934 with the Original Beckman Instruments models and has continuously been evolving since. Digital pH sensor technology is more recently developed starting in 2004. There are pros and cons to both technologies to consider before making your product decisions.We estimate the current mix of active pH sensors Globally to be 90% analog and 10% digital and this ratio is relatively static going forward. See pros and cons below. For these reasons BWB+ISI only offers analog sensor technology.
- Original, Legacy Technology
- Compatible with a large installed base of transmitters
- Cross compatible between many manufacturers/brands of instruments
- Allows for both fixed cable and plug-in head designs
- More cost effective as compared to digital sensors
- Impedance problems, longer cable lengths require amplifier
- Possibility for ground loop problems
- No plug and play with pre-calibrated sensors
- No data and process information storage
- No impedance problems, longer cable lengths possible
- No ground loop problems
- Plug and play with pre-calibrated sensors
- Data and process information storage
- Limited suppliers to choose from
- Most have proprietary protocols requiring single source of both transmitter and sensor
- Must buy sensor and separate cable which add costs
- Replacement electrode/sensor more expensive than analog