Calgary Economic Development
Calgary Economic Development is a facilitator, bringing businesses, organizations, government and community together to create possibilities and achieve bold results. Our goal is to assist businesses and the community at large to become greater than what they already are. Achieve greater results that will not only benefit their organizations but our city and region as a whole.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
Calgary Economic Development's Mission
We collaborate to advance opportunities in achieving economic success, embracing shared prosperity and building a strong community for Calgary.
Calgary Economic Development's Mandate
Calgary Economic Development works with business, government and community partners to position Calgary as the location of choice for the purpose of attracting business investment, fostering trade and growing Calgary’s workforce.
- Managed by an independent Board of Directors, Calgary Economic Development is a not-for-profit corporation funded by the City of Calgary, community partners, other orders of government and the private sector through the Action Calgary program. As the stewards of building on our energy, the 10-year Economic Strategy for Calgary, Calgary Economic Development acts in accordance with the key objectives set out in the strategy and supports the Leadership Team responsible for the strategy's implementation.
- Calgary Economic Development is a conduit, connector, catalyst and storyteller.
- We are opportunity-makers, helping to spark and fuel the growth that has made Calgary an economic powerhouse. We nurture prospects and potential. We harness possibilities. And we support individual and business prosperity.
- We are connectors, linking business people with change-makers: investors, advisors, industry leaders, partners and employees. We introduce companies to new locations, markets and customers. And help new Calgarians meet mentors and employers – and find their place in our workforce, and in our community.
- We are storytellers, charged with the happy responsibility of getting to know Calgary, and sending its good news well beyond the city limits.
- We are a wealth of information. It’s our business to figure out what makes Calgary work. And it’s our job to share facts and resources freely with everyone who wonders why or how or how much.
- Like the city we serve, we’re collaborative, entrepreneurial, innovative, social, creative and global.
- We are Calgary’s opportunity-makers. As conduits, connectors, catalysts and storytellers, we help shape and share Calgary’s story. And we’re proud to be part of the energy.
Calgary Economic Development's research team updates this report monthly as new data becomes available on Calgary's economy, labour market, demographics, businesses, and industries etc. The report also compares Calgary to Canada's other major Canadian cities -- Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal.