Canadian Science Publishing (NRC Research Press)
NRC Research Press is a division of Canadian Science Publishing - a not-for-profit publisher. Executive Editor-in-Chief: James J. Germida, PhD . Deputy Executive Editor-in-Chief: Moira M. Ferguson, PhD. The NRC Research Press journals are Canadian Science Publishing’s flagship suite of award-winning international publications. We publish 20 titles under this imprint, many in continuous publication since 1929. The journals cover a broad range of scientific disciplines and feature more than 2000 articles each year published on a state-of-the-art electronic platform. These award-winning, high-impact scientific and technical journals have an international readership in more than 175 countries.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Publishing company
- Industry Type:
- Publishing / Media / Marketing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
Canadian Science Publishing is Canada’s not-for-profit leader in mobilizing science making sure it is easy to discover, use, and share.
We envision a world where everyone is empowered by science.
We are committed to strengthen the integrity, accessibility, and impact of science.Deep Roots, Big Impact
Our origins date back to 1929, when the National Research Council of Canada launched the Canadian Journal of Research. Today, Canadian Science Publishing has grown to become Canada’s largest publisher of international scientific journals. Learn about our history.
We publish 24 journals that cover the spectrum of natural and physical sciences and engineering, including three open access journals that are interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary. Learn more about our journals
A new decade is beginning for Canadian Science Publishing—this year we celebrate 10 years as a not-for-profit publisher of scholarly journals that date back nearly a century. A letter from our Executive Director, Suzanne Kettley
As a mission-driven organization, we are dedicated to meeting the needs of the global research community. We are proudly affiliated with over 25 Canadian and international scientific societies and associations.
We are an Institutional Member of the Royal Society of Canada (RSC) and FACETS, our open access multidisciplinary journal, is the official journal of the RSC’s Academy of Science.
We help authors post their manuscripts immediately upon acceptance to TSpace, a free, secure, and open research repository established by University of Toronto Libraries.
We support the next generation of scientists through the STEM Fellowship Journal. We are a proud partner of STEM Fellowship and sponsor of its Big Data Challenge and Scholarly Writing Challenge.
As champions of the highest standards of scholarship, we contribute to community-led initiatives that support scholarly publishing and scholarly communication.We are:
- Signatories of DORA (Declaration on Research Assessment)
- Member of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics)
- An adopting organization of C4DISC (Coalition for Diversity and Inclusion in Scholarly Communications)
- Partners with Research 4 Life
Scholarly publishers are facing transformative changes.
What’s on our minds?
- Sustainable open access models—We are exploring new ways to support open access to realize our Vision.
- Peer review recognition—We are partners with Publons. We are here because of the invaluable contributions of dedicated volunteers.
- Impact beyond the impact factor—We track articles with Altmetric. We move science to its diverse users.
- Authorship and licencing—We endorse CRediT taxonomy. Authors always retain rights to their work.
- Financial strains on libraries—We offer flexible pricing options, including title-by-title acquisition and discounted bundles. We help libraries build collections based on the needs of their community.
Our work is guided and informed by our commitment to:
Integrity We are truthful, honest, ethical, and fair in all our work.
Transparency We have open and clear processes and communication.
Openness We are advocates for accessible information. We are open to new ideas and change.
Empowerment We support others with knowledge, tools, and resources.
Forward thinking We are action-oriented, catalytic, and enterprising.