Chester Engineers, Inc., a member of the ATS Group, is a leading engineering services firm which provides water and wastewater engineering solutions to public and industrial clients across the United States and internationally. Chester Engineers, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has offices located in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia. Our talented staff of engineers, scientists, and other professionals provide superior service in their field of expertise.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Engineering service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
A Proud History... A Boundless Future
Tradition in Engineering Excellence Since 1910
Chester Engineers’ history spans a century. From our humble beginnings in 1910, our success has been closely linked to the constantly evolving fields of municipal and environmental engineering as we grew to become an international leader in the art of integrating science and engineering technology. We have always approached our business with the goal of exceeding our clients’ expectations and that focus will never change. It is the basis of our rich history of success and is the foundation of our confidence in a limitless future for Chester.
As we celebrate over 100 years, we will continue to expand our reach, listening closely to our clients and responding to their needs, while adhering to the values that have guided us since the beginning. Our vision is clear and our mission is straightforward. We will serve the public and industrial clients worldwide by applying our years of experience in successful water and wastewater management solutions. The overall strength of Chester Engineers, Inc. can be found in its myriad of capabilities which include; environmental engineering and management, program and construction management, science and technology research; and information management solutions. We are proud of our heritage, we are enthusiastic about our present, and we are energized about our future.
Chester Engineers accepts responsibility to protect the health and safety of our employees, their families and the environment in which they live. Health, Safety, and Environmental performance are core values of the corporation and will be managed as an integral part of our business to benefit employees, customers, and the general public. All Chester Engineers employees are responsible for assuring that we achieve continuous and measurable improvement.
- Conduct business in a manner that protects public and occupational health, the environment and employee safety.
- Strive to eliminate all accidents and environmental incidents.
- Make health, safety and environmental considerations a priority in designing, manufacturing and constructing all facilities and processes.
- Comply with all environmental, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Health and Safety training are key factors to the safety improvement process.
- Work with our suppliers, customers, contractors and partners to promote a proactive approach to safety and risk management.
- Create and share best practices to eliminate incident reoccurrence.
- Continue to improve and update our health, safety and environmental policies.
Vision & Beliefs
- Our goal is “continuous safety improvement.”
- Risk management, hazard control, and pollution prevention are the focus.
- Chester Engineers believes all occupational injuries/illnesses and environmental incidents are preventable.
- Management is responsible and accountable for health, safety, and environmental policy implementation.
- Employees are involved in the health, safety and environmental programs at all levels of the organization.
- Working safely and with regards for the environment are conditions of employment.
- Safety management and efficient production are equal in all divisions.
Integrated Global Solutions for our Municpal, Energy, and Industrial Clients
Water is our planet's most precious natural resource. Efficient management of water consumption is critical for all market sectors whether municipal, energy, or industrial. Chester Engineers' Total Water Management program is an integrated approach that successfully manages water usage across the project life cycle from source development through treatment and disposal. Out water experts utilize innovative technologies which emphasize recycling and reuse of water to significantly reduce consumption and create a sustainable, cost-effective program. Our Total Water Management program creates short and long term solutions that are environmentally responsible and economically efficient. Chester Engineers' Total Wtaer Management is truly a 'One Stop Shop' providing the services and expertise required to provide our clients with a seamless, integrated, economical and environmentally responsible solution.
The Chester Mission
Chester Group is the leading edge engineering and scientific research firm providing water, wastewater, environmental and energy solutions to public and industrial clients worldwide.
The Chester Vision
Chester Group is a global leader and local partner providing sustainable solutions to change communities and improve lives
The Chester Values
- Strive for excellence and exceeding client expectations every day in every way - The Chester Experience
- Act with Honesty and Integrity
- Leverage the strength of teamwork and communication
- Recognize the value of our people to create a culture of inclusion
- Accountable to the highest standards of ethics, client relations, reliability and social responsiblity