ChlorTainer Offers the Safest Technology for Chlorine Processing and Leak Mitigation. ChlorTainer is a high-pressure containment vessel into which a 1-ton or a 150-lb chlorine gas cylinder is processed. If the cylinder should leak, chlorine gas is contained within the sealed vessel and processed at a normal rate. All of the chlorine gas is used, and no hazardous waste is generated. No scrubber systems, fans, pumps, tanks, or mechanical systems are required. All of our vessels are built to ASME code and can easily withstand the maximum pressure produced by a failed cylinder. Industry experts widely recognize ChlorTainer as the safest technology for chlorine processing and leak mitigation. These articles focus on a range of topics from safety concerns to preference for the use of chlorine gas for disinfection. Clients from regions across the globe have chosen ChlorTainer.
If your organization uses large amounts of chlorine gas — in a water treatment plant or for any other purpose — you know that despite its benefits, chlorine gas is highly toxic and must be stored and handled with utmost care.
Benefits of the ChlorTainer Total Containment System
- Ends the need to handle chlorine in a confined space and eliminates HazMat occupancy classification for indoor sites, so operators enjoy a safer environment and don’t need to work in an enclosed room, as they must with wet or dry scrubber technology.
- Makes loading of chlorine cylinders simple and easy. The cylinder is placed on the loader system and then easily rolled into the secondary containment vessel. The vacuum regulator is affixed to the top of the ChlorTainer, so a simple yoked connection to the cylinder valve is all that’s needed. The ChlorTainer is then sealed so processing can begin.
- Makes possible easy, low-cost operation and minimal maintenance because the system is so simple and dependable. No back-up power, additional fans, pumps, tanks, mechanical devices or caustic chemicals are needed. Less equipment means few repairs and easy maintenance.
- Requires little or no additional construction because ChlorTainer’s loader systems usually fit into an existing facility, which typically minimizes construction, engineering and installation costs. TGO Technologies staff is available to help with layout design.
- Restricts unauthorized access to chlorine gas cylinders, greatly reducing the likelihood of either malicious or accidental tampering with the cylinder supply valves, which further enhances chlorine safety.
- Works not only to provide chlorine gas safety and containment, but also sulfur dioxide and anhydrous ammonia safety and containment.
- Our system is defined as passive for RMP purposes, and is intended to be used as a process system.
- Protects nearby electronic, electrical or other sensitive equipment even if a cylinder inside should fail, because the sealed ChlorTainer contains the chlorine gas and safeguards its surroundings.
- Can incorporate additional security features such as heavy-duty door locks with admission-tracking memory.
- ChlorTainer is the only system that reduces the worst–case off-site release of toxic gas by 97%.
- Staff members at ChlorTainer provide 24-hour assistance if your facility has a leak within ChlorTainer.