Chubb Fire & Security Group
Driving Innovative Life Safety and Security Solutions. Chubb has been protecting people and assets worldwide for over 200 years. A global fire safety and security solutions provider, we work to make the world a safer place by providing end-to-end service to ensure our customer`s peace of mind. Chubb offers high-quality service and innovative, technology-enabled solutions for business and home - from design and installation to service and monitoring. Chubb is part of Carrier Global Corporation, a leading global provider of innovative HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security and building automation technologies.
Chubb is one of Canada's best-known providers of fire safety and security solutions for businesses and organizations nationwide. For over 200 years, our mission has been to make your world a safer place by protecting our customers with essential systems, equipment and services. With the increasing demands placed on your business, Chubb is a partner you can trust.
Chubb Fire & Security has roots dating back to 1818 and the demand for ‘security’ resulting from the impact on society of the industrial revolution.
Factory production gave rise to the modern city, and with increased urbanisation came increased crime. Two enterprising brothers, Charles and Jeremiah Chubb, invented what was called the ‘Detector Lock’ – the first and original secure lock mechanism whose design and construction has remained largely unchanged for nearly 200 years.
The patented lock was advertised in the 1820s for use on ‘iron doors and frames, chests and bookcases’ and in the first century of Chubb’s existence, more than two and a half million locks were made.
After the invention and patenting of the Detector Lock, Charles Chubb opened a factory in Wolverhampton and concentrated on the manufacture and sale of locks, as well as the development of further security products. By 1827 Chubb was supplying wrought iron doors, safes and boxes, to order, with locks. In 1835 a patent was taken out for a burglar-resistant safe and by the mid 1840s Chubb had become a household name, even appearing in playbills and popular verses of the time.
Chubb is part of Carrier Global Corporation, a leading global provider of innovative HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security and building automation technologies. These values are the pillars of our business. They define who we are and guide every decision we make.Performance
- Our customers have a choice, and how we perform determines whether they choose us.
- We strive for continuous growth to reinforce our leadership position.
- We achieve world-class financial performance.
- We continuously improve the productivity of our assets, resources and everything we do.
- Successful businesses improve the human condition.
- We act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards.
- We are environmentally responsible and drive to sustainability.
- We care for the health and safety of our employees and customers.
- We actively support the communities in which we do business.
- We are a company of ideas, committed to research and development.
- Our heritage inspires us to reach the next innovative, powerful and marketable idea.
- We continuously invest in new products, technologies and intelligent systems.
- We listen to our customers and respond to their needs.
- We make it easy to do business with us.
- We are committed to excellence in customer satisfaction.
- We listen to our employees and treat each other with respect.
- We are committed to employee and management development.
- We support and pursue lifelong learning to expand our knowledge and capabilities.
- We value diversity in individuals and cultures, and seek and share ideas openly.