Cleantech Law Partners
Cleantech Law Partners is a boutique law firm catering to the unique legal needs of renewable energy and cleantech companies.
Cleantech Law Partners is a full-service law firm dedicated exclusively to the renewable energy industry. Our clients include project developers, cleantech companies, financiers, manufacturers, and entrepreneurs. CLP’s legal team has extensive knowledge of the clean technology sector and experience working with renewable energy companies across the United States and around the world.
Cleantech Law Partners advises clients on a variety of legal matters involving cleantech technologies and alternative energy projects, including: siting wind projects, permitting solar energy systems, project finance, drafting and negotiating power purchase agreements, federal and state regulatory matters, drafting leases and real estate agreements, reviewing and drafting construction plans and agreements, securing intellectual property rights, applying for renewable energy grant programs, developing alternative energy projects on tribal lands, drafting corporate sustainability policies, and advising on global climate change issues.
We are committed to helping our clients navigate the rapidly changing landscape of the cleantech and renewable energy industry.
Cleantech Law Partners was founded to exclusively serve the legal and policy needs facing renewable energy project developers and cleantech companies.
Our team of experienced cleantech attorneys, leading industry advisors and skilled legal staff have focused their careers on helping to grow the renewable energy industry and deeply understand clean technologies from both a legal and business perspective.
From concept to commercialization, our team is committed to helping our clients navigate the rapidly changing regulatory landscape that governs the renewable energy and cleantech industry, and contribute to its overall growth and success.
We welcome the opportunity to assist your company’s efforts to build a more sustainable future.
Cleantech Law Partners assists:
- Cleantech startup companies
- Renewable energy project managers
- Wind farm developers
- Installers of solar systems
- Geothermal exploration companies
- Environmental consulting firms
- Energy efficiency consultants
- Companies developing sustainability polices
- Cleantech venture capital funds
- Producers and suppliers of biofuels
- Owners of rooftop solar arrays
- Green building contractors
- Inventors of cleantech products
- Banks involved in carbon finance
- Manufacturers of solar cells
- Government agencies & policy makers
- Global climate change organizations
- Investors in clean technologies
- Indian tribes developing renewable projects
- Applicants for renewable energy grants
Cleantech Law Partners aims to meet the needs of our clients today without compromising the needs of future generations. We pledge not only to minimize our carbon footprint but to pursue a future where economic and environmental interests are compatible. Our passion for renewable energy and clean technology demonstrates our commitment to sustainable living.
Cleantech Law Partners pursues sustainability through (1) the businesses we represent, (2) the practices we implement, and (3) the organizations we advance.
- Our clients are renewable energy and cleantech companies providing goods and services either through sustainable processes or for sustainable purposes. These clients include developers of wind, solar, and geothermal energy projects, producers of green technologies, and providers of green financial, engineering, and installation services, among others.
- Our firm relies on electronic media for secure data transfer and storage to avoid using paper and printers, and if materials cannot be transferred or stored electronically, our attorneys recycle those materials. Our firm also relies on audio and video conferencing to minimize business travel.
- Our attorneys offer their time and resources as founders, members, and contributors to help advance sustainability-centered organizations, including the Center for Sustainable Design Studies at Prattt Institute, Global Change Foundation, Green Pro Bono, Lawyers for a Sustainable Future, the Colorado Solar Energy Industry Association and Rising Tide Initiative.
- As of June 1, 2011, Cleantech Law Partners was certified as a B Corporation. B Corporations, like Cleantech Law Partners, make business decisions that benefit society and the environment, not just shareholders. Certified B Corporations must take and score an 80 or higher on the 'B Impact Rating System' that assesses social and environmental performance. B Corporation members are also required to adopt the 'B Corporation Legal Framework' designed to expand corporate transparency and accountability beyond what is required from traditional corporations.
- Local Purchasing Policy: CLP tries its best to purchase all its supplies and products locally (i.e., within 200 miles of our offices). A local purchasing strategy or policy refers to prioritizing local purchases of materials directly embedded in goods sold, and/or additional materials that help the company function, ie. office supplies. In so doing, we hope to reduce our environmental footprint, encourage community growth, and support companies that employ local workers. Implementation of a local purchasing strategy demonstrates CLP’s commitment to promote social, cultural, and financial capital within our local communities.