Climate Change Capital Ltd
Climate Change Capital Ltd (CCC) is an investment manager and advisor specialising in the opportunities created by the global transition to a low carbon economy. CCC develops and manages funds with US$1.5 billion of commitments, focused on the asset classes Carbon Finance, Private Equity, Property and Energy Infrastructure. CCC’s Advisory group provides financial, strategic and policy advice to energy-intensive industries, financial institutions, clean technology companies and governments.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Banking & Finance / Insurance / Legal
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
Climate Change Capital Limited is an investment manager and advisory group specialising in the opportunities generated by the global transition to a low carbon economy.
It advises and invests in companies that recognise combating global warming is both a necessity and an economic opportunity.
CCC manages funds with c. US$1.4 billion of commitments* and aims to provide attractive returns to investors, demonstrating the financial opportunity associated with a low carbon economy.
CCC has two complementary business groups:
- Asset Management: CCC develops and manages funds that invest in companies, projects and technologies that provide products or services facilitating climate change mitigation or adaptation. CCC's investment portfolios focus on the asset classes, Carbon Finance, Private Equity and Property.
- Advisory: CCC provides financial, strategic and policy advice to energy-intensive industries, financial institutions, clean technology companies and governments.
CCC raises and deploys capital for numerous low carbon activities including:
- Investing in UK commercial property with an emphasis on energy efficiency and low carbon adaptable buildings.
- Investing in European cleantech companies with a focus on clean power, clean transport, energy efficiency, waste recovery or water.
- Investing in waste-to-energy and industrial energy efficiency projects in developing countries such as China, India and the Philippines
The Vision: Creating Wealth Worth Having
The solutions to climate change involve governments, international organisations, the general public - and private capital.
Climate Change Capital (CCC) is motivated by an ambition to channel significant amounts of capital into the solutions to climate change while shaping the investment and policy environments to the public good.
CCC is actively managing a wide variety of assets globally including energy efficiency, renewables, coal mine methane utilisation, landfill gas and gas distribution. We are looking to invest in cleantech businesses in Europe, create resource efficient commercial buildings in the UK and develop and manage further funds across our product areas of:
- Carbon Finance
- Private Equity
Our vision has created a particular working culture, made up of a dedicated commitment of its staff to climate change issues, a blending of skills from the financial and the policy worlds, a spirit of collective entrepreneurialism and a shared desire to make a difference.
The company's values are defined by this vision; we consolidate economic gain with environmental and social benefits without compromising discipline, client focus and accountability - Creating Wealth Worth Having.