Communauté d` Agglomération du Douaisis
The Douasis Community dedicates much of its budget to the economy. Its main objective is to create new jobs in Douasis by facilitating the creation and setting up of new businesses, on the one hand and helping existing businesses to expand, on the other hand. This is why the Community is doing everything it can to offer a complete range of structures and services for businesses in the area: ranging from business parks, hotels to help for young businesses…
The Community’s development department is aiming to provide good quality services for young businesses moving into the area and is setting up many new, high quality, business parks. Douasis was the 7th business park (Le Luc, in Dechy) in France to gain ISO 14001 certification for its business services and environmental management. It has now been awarded certification for a second business park at Chevalement in Roost-Warendin. This exceptional, if not unique, situation in France can only strengthen the services that Douasis can offer to businesses in the area.
Douasis is known mainly for the automobile industry. This explains the large presence of so many international automobile equipment manufacturers.
In addition to it’s industrial expertise, the Community is doing all it can to diversify. It is striving to increase the presence of major players in the environment* industry in Douasis so to attract other related businesses. Furthermore, the Community is at the heart of all major projects, such as the creation of Douasis Technopôle Environment (DTE), whose main aim is to promote environmental awareness in the area.
On the other hand, Douasis is also a centre for the agri-food industry, logistics (proximity to the Dourges Delta3 platform) and services for the agricultural industry in a rural setting.
This is why the Community is striving to increase the presence of major players in the environment* industry, so to attract other related businesses. Furthermore, the Community is at the heart of all major projects, such as the creation of Douasis Technopôle Environment (DTE), whose main aim is to promote environmental awareness in the area.
The development department, in conjunction with the technical department, can also offer services with an international dimension. Indeed, not only does the Community offer real estate services, it can also offer turnkey business solutions, managed by the Community itself.
• 21 business parks
• The most attractive business tax breaks in Nord-Pas-de-Calais
• European area of priority funding (Objective 1)
• A dense network of roads, railways and waterways
• Offices, workshops and logistical buildings for sale or to rent
• Qualified personnel to handle your business requirements
• Real estate and financial services to meet your every need
• Recruitment and training facilities
The eco-businesses newcorners will be able to count on a range of facilities that will help their business to get off the ground and grow.
- Business centres with workshops and offices for rent tailored to their requirements
- An incubator providing facilities for entrepreneurs
- Numerous services are available within these premises (secretarial services, meeting rooms, catering facilities …)
Do you want to build a company ?You could acquire land in one of the 21 zones belonging to the Greater Douai Area, who will hand over your premises to you on a 'turnkey' basis, and the Douai welcome network will assist you with all your stup requirements and help you make contact with the right people ( grants, recruitment, training …)
- One of the lowest taxe in the Nord-Pas-De-Calais.
- A territory located in a priority European assisted zone (Objective 1).
- A main contact in charge of your file.
- Real estate, premises, and financing adapted to your needs.
- Assistance in recruiting and implementing training initiatives.
- A very dense road, rail, and river infrastructure:
The Greater Douai Area engages an environmental step of quality on its offer with the establishment.
The carried and actions relate to all at the same time the phases of reception and of accompaniment of companies, installation, management and follow up of sites.
ISO 14001 bring the Greater Area to offer to the companies a kind of services with a worrying of efficacy:
- to guide, to help and to escort the companies in their administrative technical and financial approach
- to avoid the regulatory obstacles
- to create a work ambit kindly and aesthetically
- to optimize the environmental costs ( collective control of the green places, and trashes …)
- to organize common services at less costs
The Douai urban area is home to a wealth of expertise in the environment and environmental control. The quality and diversity of this synergy make it unique in the North of France.
Are localited in Douai:
- Research centers and formations:
The Ecole des Mines (an engineering university and research establishment)
The Faculty of Law of Artois University with its environmental law research centre
- Regional main offices:
The 'Agence de l'Eau' (French water authority)
ADEME (French environmental and energy authority)
DRIRE (regional industry, research and environment authority)
- Eco businesses:
This skills centre spontaneously attracts eco-bussinesses of which there are already more than forty in the Douai area. The initiatives of the DTE technopole association will make the Douai area more attractive in this sphere of activity and therefore encourage new businesses to set up there.
- A real skills network has already been created: the DTE
The DTE ( Douaisis Technopole Environnement) Association, whose founding members are the chamber of commerce and industry, the Greater Douai Area, the Engineer school Ecole des Mines and Artois University, has set itself the objective of attracting more eco-businesses to the Douai area and the skills centre.
The eco-bussinesses forum allows players in this sector to meet, exchange views and provide mutual support for each other by bringing all possible synergies into play.