Welcome to contec - your specialists in innovative solutions in the fields of filtration and liquid level measurement technology. Here you will find tailor-made solutions to optimize your processes while at the same time helping to protect the environment. Solutions that will also bring you a good deal closer to your entrepreneurial goals and to fulfilling your technical requirements. Product categories: Air and gas for the effective filtration of air and gases, oil mist separators for the extraction and filtration of oil mist, Liquid filters for accurate separation of solids from liquids, Liquid level measurement technologies. Founded in 1972 contec has been working on filtration technology for industrial applications since 1974. Its Oil Mist Separators (COMS) is known for its compact design and customized configuration variants. contec currently serves over 3.000 clients worldwide in various industries - starting from global chemical companies to small-sized laboratories.
Planing the future. Breaking new ground.
- Innovative systems and components in the fields of Air- and gasfilters, Dust collectors, Oil mist separators, Liquid filters and Level measurement.
- Welcome to contec- your specialists in innovative solutions in the fields of filtration and liquid level measurement technology. Here you will find tailor-made solutions to optimize your processes while at the same time helping to protect the environment. Solutions that will also bring you a good deal closer to your entrepreneurial goals and to fulfilling your technical requirements.
- This is what we strive for in our daily work. In cooperation with our partners and on 365 days per year. The result: a 360° view of optimal technical solutions.
- Divided over four product categories. All within one modern company.
- Count on us. Our high levels of consulting and product quality are the culmination of many years of experience. Our discussions will be based on a technically competent, partnership approach, including the planning and professional execution on schedule.
- The contec team is looking forward to your challenges, questions and suggestions.
Many years of experience.
Since the company was established in 1972, many changes have taken place at contec GmbH. There is one thing that has not changed - our wish to focus on the individual needs of our customers.
contec stands for competent consulting, high-quality products and unbureaucratic service in four core business areas. As a qualified commercial company, our project-specific engineering and the development of customer-specific system solutions are particularly convincing. We work out an individual solution for each and every project.
High-quality solutions based on proven technology, always focusing on the actual needs and ensuring that you do not need to do without anything, no matter whether the corresponding products are produced by us or by our tried and tested service partners.
There are thus many reasons to trust in contec.
We work on raising the bar a little every day to ensure the success and dynamic growth of contec.
Good team work.
As a team, we design our day-to-day operations. Reliable, striving and forward-looking. Every day we prove that our company is quicker and better than many others when it comes to responding to individual needs.
A clear philosophy.
The human aspect is important to us. We therefore place great emphasis on partnerships based on respect and targeted communication. This has been the key to our success for more than 35 years.
What about finding out for yourself how we distinguish ourselves from our competitors. For example by putting your questions to us.
You can look forward to our ways of finding a clean solution.
Successful quality management
- Our quality management system has been continually meeting the requirements of TUV certification in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001since 2011.
- Our environmental management system has been continually meeting the requirements of TUV certification in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14011 since 2016.
- Validation of compressed air filters in the style of ISO 12500-1:2007.
Environmental Technology Prize
- contec Oil Mist Separator have been awarded with the Environmental Technology Prize of the Rhein-Sieg-Kreis for 1990.
contec Oil Mist Separators (COMS)/Oil Mist Eliminators for the extraction and filtration of oil mist are used for large-scale compressors, gas and steam turbines, generators and other equipment with oil systems to ensure clean, oil-free exhaust air. 99.99% of solid and liquid particles and aerosols down to 0.1 micron are removed and high-quality oil can be regained.
contec COMS are equipped with a side channel blower that generates adjustable negative pressure in the oil systems. This prevents the leakage of oil mist from the bearings, shaft guide and crankshaft ventilation systems. As the filter elements have a long service life and an automatic oil recycling system, they require little maintenance.
The core of the COMS are the glass fiber filter elements developed especially for these applications. The two-layer design with integrated reinforcement fibers optimizes the coalescence effect and ensure a constantly high level of oil separation. The degree of efficiency is 99,99% at a droplet size of 0.1 micron, which means that the exhaust air is far cleaner than that required by German TA regulations of clean air.
For that reason COMS have been awarded with the Environmental Technology Prize for 1990. Due to their very compact design, contec Oil Mist Separators are also easy to use under all difficult or restricted spatial conditions.
Installation of the Oil Mist Separators (COMS)/Oil Mist Eliminators on:
- Lube oil systems (LOS) of gas and steam turbines
- Fluid grinding plants
- Vacuum pumps
- Spray pattern test bench
- Rotating machines
- Large-scale compressors
- HE fluid grinding plants for diesel injection components
Technical task of the COMS:
- Filtering, separation and regaining high-quality lubrication oil including all its additives
Operational task of the COMS:
- Avoiding oil leakage (at bearings etc.) by creating a permanent slight negative pressure in the lube oil system
Global/environmental task of the COMS:
- High-efficiency filters prevent the emission of oil mist into the atmosphere
Protecting the environment by reducing oil mist emission down to < 3-8 mg/m³, cleaner than the German TA regulations of clean air and longterm protection of the environment
Advantages of the COMS:
- High quality based on 25 years of experience and multiple well-tested and proven technology
- Modular system allows a simple constructional adjustment to the respective application
- Rapid and long-term supply of spare parts
- Long service life and easy change of the filter elements
- Automatic oil recycling system
- Environmental Technology Price for 1990
- Project-specific planning and construction
Application: contec wedge wire filters for the filtration of complicated, viscous or gel-like media such as lacquer, emulsions, oil, polyurethane, chocolate, bitumen, etc.
- Study housing made of stainless steel 1.4301
- Simple disassembly of the filtering element of stainless steel 1.4435
- Minimum product loss during discharging of solid matter
- Produced in accordance with Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC Article 3, Para 3
- Housing material 1.4571
- Self-cleaning without interrupting filtration
- No filtering element disposal
- Minimum product discharge during cleaning
- Manual or automatic discharging of solid matter possible
Flow rate: Up to 35 m³/h
Filter ratings: 25 – 3000 µm
Medium: For aqueous and highly viscous media such as bitumen, chocolate, lacquers, oil, etc.
- Upwards facing flange cover for removal of the filter insert
- Heating jacket
- Magnetic coupling for hermetic sealing
- Can be used to 16 bar
- Can be used to 200°C