Cornerstone Environmental, Health and Safety, Inc.
Cornerstone has provided superior environmental and safety compliance solutions to the regulated community, and services over 500 clients throughout North America, Europe and eastern Asia. We offer enterprise solutions for environmental regulatory compliance, worker safety, quality systems and custom software solutions. As part of our commitment to ensure our clients receive the highest level of services, our Quality Management System has been ISO 9001:2008 certified since 2008.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors. Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
Founded in 1990, Cornerstone services over 500 clients throughout North America, Europe and eastern Asia. We provide consulting, engineering and training in the areas of:
- Sustainability Services
- EPA Compliance/Environmental Services
- Quality, Environmental and Safety Management Systems
- Process Improvement
- Worker Safety (Loss Prevention and Risk Management)
- OSHA Compliance and Training Services
In addition, we utilize the most advanced Information Technology and have developed customized software applications to support our core services.
Cornerstone is committed to being a globally recognized partner in the development, shaping, and implementation of strategic business systems directed toward increased productivity, process efficiency and regulatory compliance for our customers.
Cornerstone’s approach is to develop a partnership with our customers through which we can educate and team with management to assist in achieving long-term business sustainability by:
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Minimizing negative environmental impacts
- Reducing energy consumption
- Increasing operational efficiencies
- Adopting green business practices
Whether we are assisting with due diligence for a customer acquisition or engineering services at a customer’s operation, Cornerstone has the tools to provide enterprise solutions.
Our approach has allowed our customers to make proactive decisions in dealing with issues regarding potential opportunities for:
- Improved efficiency
- Emission reductions
- Minimizing financial liabilities/risks
- Improvements to quality and adhering to customer requirements
- Risk Assessment and Loss Prevention
On a corporate level, our commitment to service provides you with the assurance that each of your operations will be monitored to identify opportunities for improvement as well as potential risk while meeting obligations with Federal, State, Provincial and local authorities.
Cornerstone is committed to being a leading provider of consulting, engineering and training services.
Cornerstone will deliver value and prevent deficiencies by:
- Meeting customer, government and other requirements
- Continually improving the products and services we provide to our customers
- Establishing quality requirements for suppliers, partners and contractors and monitoring their conformance
- Minimizing the effect we have on the environment
- Working in a safe manner
Superior performance, continual improvement and customer confidentiality are integral components of our company culture and are considered a personal responsibility of all employees.
Our employees and their families are fundamental elements in the success of Cornerstone. We encourage and support their involvement in philanthropic and social programs within our community and around the world.
Our management and staff have participated in projects related to humanitarian work, literacy, education, the arts, health care, cross culture relationships and working with disadvantaged children and seniors.
We believe that having a positive impact on society is the right thing to do and is also our responsibility as good global citizens. In addition, these endeavors promote leadership, skill development, communication, teamwork and positive attitudes that provide a tangible benefit to our organization.
These efforts include activities, such as:
- Our President serves on the Board of Directors for the Japan America Society of Chicago and our Vice President of Business Development serves on the Board of Directors for the Japan America Society of Indianapolis.
- Cornerstone is a recurring participant in the Annual Joint Meeting of the Midwest U.S.–Japan Association and the Japan-Midwest U.S. Association both in the United States and in Tokyo, Japan. As part of the 2009 meeting in Tokyo, our President and Vice President of Business Development were invited to join Governor Mitch Daniels as delegates on the State of Indiana Trade Mission to Asia.
- Our Manager of Waste Compliance and Chemical Data Management Services, served on the Best Practices and Education subcommittees for the Indiana E-Scrap Action Program. The efforts of this group are leading the way toward reducing and eliminating the tremendous amount of electronic waste entering Indiana’s landfills, thereby reducing the effects of possible toxic exposure for Indiana residents.
- Each year, Cornerstone’s associates and executive staff work with groups such as the United Way’s United Christmas Service, the Children’s Bureau’s Hope for the Holidays, St. Vincent de Paul’s Food Pantry, Gleaners Food Bank, Habitat for Humanity, Heifer International, the Humane Society of Indianapolis and the Concord Neighborhood Center.
- Cornerstone, its owners and staff donated and built a playground for the Concord Neighborhood Center on the south side of Indianapolis. Concord provides social services, children’s programs, educational opportunities, recreational activities and cooperative programs.
Cornerstone is a dynamic, fast-paced organization that is well-positioned for growth, which will provide great benefit to our associates through ongoing career opportunities. Since 1990, we have served a diverse customer base and have developed a reputation for providing exceptional service. As Industry has changed, Cornerstone has also evolved by adding strategic services to enable our customers to excel in a Global Economy.
At Cornerstone, our services are customer-driven. We specialize in assisting industrial and manufacturing customers by ensuring compliance with state, federal, provincial and local regulatory requirements; minimizing their environmental footprint; reducing energy consumption; increasing operational efficiencies and adopting green business practices.
Maintaining and exceeding industry standards requires the most dedicated and skilled people, and we believe the quality of our people defines the quality of our services. As a result, we concentrate on attracting individuals of high intelligence, integrity, and commitment who possess a positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team to fill technical, administrative, sales and support positions throughout the company.