Coto Consulting, Inc. is a woman-owned small business that provides environmental compliance services to government and private sector clients. The founder has over 25 years experience as an environmental consultant. Two areas of particular activity lately are greenhouse gases and sustainability.
Dr. Christina Schwerdtfeger founded Coto Consulting, Inc. in 2009 as a woman-owned, small business enterprise to provide environmental consulting services to private and public sector clients throughout the United States. Dr. Schwerdtfeger has over 23 years experience as an environmental consultant and has won numerous awards and accolades for her work. She specializes in multi-media compliance for air, water and hazardous waste, with particular emphasis on greenhouse gases and sustainability. Dr. Schwerdtfeger is a published author and invited speaker, as well as an instructor in the Sustainability Leadership Certificate Program at University of California, Irvine. For our Statement of Qualifications, please click here.
Dr. Schwerdtfeger earned a PhD in chemistry from the University of Southern California and is a Registered Environmental Assessor in the State of California. She is an accreditated Lead GHG Verifier with the California Air Resources Board. For additional details, please see her complete resume.
Coto Consulting, Inc. is certified as a WBE with the City of Los Angeles and as a SBE with POLB, POLA, City of San Diego, LAUSD, MWD, CA DGS, etc.
Coto Consulting, Inc. is also certified as an economically disadvantaged woman owned business (EDWOSB) with the Small Business Administration.
- Marine Corps Installations West
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command
- Army Corps of Engineers
- General Services Administration
- Air Force Center for Environmental Excellence
- Department of the Interior
- Northrop Grumman
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
- Hexacomb Corporation
- Hill's Pet Nutrition
- General Electric Aircraft Engines
- Jerry Leigh Apparel
- URS Group, Inc.
- Custom Environmental Services
- Osage of Virginia, Inc.
- GHG Climate Team
- Eastern Research Group
- EPA Systems LLC
- LRQA Americas Sustainability, Inc.
Coto Consulting offers these key advantages to clients:
- Seasoned, knowledgeable practitioners actually do the work.
- You deal directly with the decision makers.
- Administrative and overhead burdens are low, reducing overall project costs.
- The possibility of “bait-and-switch” just doesn’t exist!
Coto Consulting has a proven track record of successful project delivery based upon technical excellence, a diligent work ethic, and astute strategies. Our projects are delivered in an efficient manner, producing timely results at a lower overall expense to our clients. At Coto Consulting, we strive to be:
- Practical – We deliver practical, goal-oriented solutions.
- Accountable – We assume personal accountability for high quality services and work products.
- Responsive – We respond promptly to our clients’ requests and deadlines.
- Articulate – We develop defensible findings and articulate ideas clearly for our target audience.
- Efficient –We execute work efficiently with timely and effective solutions delivered at a reasonable cost.
- Enjoyable – We enjoy the people we work with and the unique challenges each project presents.
By joining our clients as a team, we produce successful project outcomes by understanding stakeholder drivers, appreciating timeframe sensitivities, and collaborating as appropriate with legal, public relations, or other specialty teams.
While most of our recent work experience has been in California, we do have experience and are willing to support certain environmental projects in other parts of the US. Our 25+ years’ experience in California provides a strong network of environmental professionals with which to collaborate, as appropriate.