Cyanide Destruct Systems Inc. (CDS)
Cyanide Destruct Systems Inc. (CDS) is an environmental leader in providing cyanide destruction solutions throughout North America & the world. The benefits of using Cyanide have always been tempered by the problems associated with the safe handling, treatment and disposing of Cyanide-contaminated waste. Whether it`s a large or small company, industrial or commercial, there are hundreds of Cyanide applications of various sizes and each client has specific needs. We can service them all. Cyanide Destruct Systems Inc. (CDS) offers a range of services, including precious metal recovery, Cyanide waste transportation, Cyanide treatment and destruction at our plant, which is the only dedicated Cyanide treatment facility in the world. By having CDS treat or destroy your Cyanide waste, we will also eliminate your concerns about environmental problems.
Incorporated in 1986, CDS has been safely and effectively treating Cyanide waste worldwide. Using advanced thermal hydrolysis technology we market our Cyanide Treatment System to reduce complex Cyanide waste liquids and solids without chemical addition or dilution.
The cornerstone of our business is based upon personalized service to our customers. Solving our customer problems is, and will continue to be, the focus at all levels of our company.
As Cyanide Destruct Systems Inc. is a global environmental leader in providing Cyanide solutions, our mission is to solve our every customer's Cyanide treatment and destruction challenges and provide the personalized service that has helped us build the reputation we enjoy today.
In 1992, CDS started CDS Environmental Services to accommodate Cyanide generators that required off-site destruction of Cyanide waste and to support the growing industrial need for environmentally sound precious metal refining services.
Security, compliance, environmental stewardship and excellent service are the cornerstones of our business.
A naturally occurring and widely misunderstood chemical. Cyanide has received a bad rap over the years. The truth is without it our daily lives would not be the same.
- It is one of the most common chemicals in the world
- It has a reputation that is worse than the toxicity of the chemical itself, perhaps due to infamy gained from B-movies of decades ago.
- It is used is more industries that can be mentioned here, including: pharmaceuticals, paper, a variety of plastics, gold mining, dyes (the dye in blue jeans, for example), electroplating, heat treating, etc.
- Common paints and adhesives contain cyanide
- Cigarette smoke contains cyanide
- Cyanide gas is the most toxic form of cyanide
- Cyanide gas outdoors is rapidly dispersed
- In it's normal high ph state, cyanide gas is not created and is quite safe to breathe and smell
- If you are exposed to cyanide gas or ingest cyanide, and you are able to talk about it later, you will have no long term or unknown health problems
- A lethal dose of cyanide is contained in 3.7 pounds of lima beans
- A lethal dose of water is 17 litres consumed very quickly
- A lethal dose of gasoline is the same as cyanide
- Cyanide is contained in 110 different plant families