Det-Tronics - Detector Electronics Corporation is part of Carrier, a leading global provider of inno
Det-Tronics is a global leader in industrial hazard safety solutions, providing flame detection, gas detection, and hazard mitigation systems for critical industrial applications. We design, build, test, and commission certified SIL-2 capable flame and gas safety systems that range from conventional panels to fault-tolerant, addressable systems. Our flame and gas detectors are globally certified to the latest product approval standards. We have provided engineered solutions with superior performance and reliability for over 40 years to major global customers in the oil, gas and petrochemical, automotive, aerospace, munitions, and chemical industries. Det-Tronics is part of Carrier, a leading global provider of innovative heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration, fire, security and building automation technologies.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Health and Safety Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
Global Leader in Fire and Gas Safety Systems
Det-Tronics is a global leader in fire- and gas-safety systems, providing premium flame- and gas-detection and hazard-mitigation systems for high-risk processes and industrial operations. The company designs, builds, tests and commissions certified SIL 2 capable flame- and gas-safety products that range from conventional panels to fault-tolerant, addressable systems that are globally certified. Det-Tronics is part of Carrier, a leading global provider of innovative heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration, fire, security and building automation technologies. Det-Tronics has provided engineered solutions with superior performance and reliability for over 45 years to major global customers in the oil, gas and petrochemical, automotive, aerospace, munitions, and chemical industries.
Complete product line
To offer products that meet our exact requirements, we manufacture (at a component level) many of the flame and gas detectors used in our systems. This characteristic makes us unique among many of the safety system manufacturers.
- Our fire and gas safety systems support addressable-loop and point-to-point architectures -- all solutions are highly fault tolerant, configurable detection and releasing systems.
- Our optical flame detectors incorporate the latest technologies in UV, IR, UV/IR, Dual IR, and Multispectrum IR to maximize detection while minimizing false alarms.
- Our point, line-of-sight and acoustic gas detectors accurately detect the presence of combustible and toxic gases. The full line includes electrochemical, infrared and metal oxide semiconductor technologies. Our acoustic, non-contact gas leak detector continuously monitors for the distinct ultrasound emitted by pressurized gas leaks.
- Our explosion-proof smoke detector is Class I Division 1, 2 and Zone 1 rated and is suitable for hazardous, industrial, and commercial applications.
Our products suppore a wide range of industrial high hazard applications in extreme environments.
Go to www.det-tronics.com for more information, or to find your local Det-Tronics sales representative.
Det-Tronics submits products to recognized third-party testing agencies around the world for verification of performance and quality. We were one of the world's first detection manufacturers to earn and retain the coveted quality approval award, the European ISO 9001. Worldwide, we are also the recipient of hundreds of local and national approvals, certifying that our product has withstood each agency's most rigorous performance and area-classification tests. In addition, we are a member of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
World-Class Product Testing Facility
Det-Tronics maintains a fire and gas testing facility where we develop new flame detectors and perform countless tests encompassing a full range of fuel types, fire sizes, and false-alarm sources. Our gas detectors undergo similar testing against possible triggering sources, including attempts to trick the product into false alarm.