Dupont Sustainable Solutions
We partner with our clients to develop and implement solutions to empower employees and improve the technical, behavioral and cultural aspects of its operations. Our solutions are enhanced by the use of data analytics, digital technology and a focus on innovation. DuPont Sustainable Solutions has advised leading industrial companies around the world on operations improvements and workplace safety for more than 50 years and has been ranked top EHS consultancy for brand preference by independent research company Verdantix.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Training provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
For our Training Solutions' clients, this means access to a broader selection of crisp, compelling content built upon DuPont methodologies and expertise and delivered via world-class Coastal technologies and training media.
We continue to offer organizations one of the industry's most powerful suites of blended learning solutions — including instructor-led training, online training and traditional media. With a comprehensive library of 7,000+ products covering six key content areas and available in 33 languages, we provide our worldwide clientele with compelling and site-specific training that helps meet their complex training needs.
- In the 1980s, Coastal earned a reputation for using cutting-edge video production techniques to increase the impact of safety training, while improving its consistency.
- In 1992, Coastal launched its HealthTrain brand with the mission of addressing the compliance concerns of the healthcare industry. 1992 also marked the release of Coastal's first education-specific training products under the Coastal Schools brand.
- 1993 was a landmark year for Coastal, with the launch of the International Division and three new brands of training: Coastal Human Resources, Coastal Government and Coastal Skills Training. 1993 also saw the release of Coastal's first e-learning products with the introduction of the Clarity Multimedia™ training system — which pioneered the use of CD-ROM with full-motion video.
- Coastal opened its first international subsidiary in 1997 in Curitiba, Brazil. The Netherlands office was opened the next year with the acquisition of a Dutch company called VideoTrain.
- The ClarityNet web-based training courseware was introduced in 1998. It enables employers to easily deliver consistent, high-quality, customized, interactive training to workers at various sites around the globe.
- 2000 was another momentous year for Coastal. Coastal launched Safe2Work, a web-enabled system for providing and tracking safety training, drug testing and background checks for contract workers. That same year the company expanded globally by opening offices in Monterrey, Mexico and in Chennai, India.
- Coastal moved into a new 67,000 square-foot headquarters in 2001. Situated on 11 acres overlooking a city park in Virginia Beach, this state-of-the-art building features a fully-equipped studio and post-production facility and adequate meeting and training space to serve the needs of employees and customers.
- Coastal began converting its VHS library to DVD in 2003. In addition to high-quality video images, Coastal DVDs also provide customers an array of additional benefits: English and Spanish versions on one DVD, a customizable PowerPoint presentation, chapterized content and an electronic Leader's Guide.
- In 2004, Coastal extended its global reach by opening an office in Manila, the Philippines. Coastal then acquired American Media Incorporated in 2005 and combined it with Coastal Human Resources. CoastalAMI offered a robust library of DVD and e-learning courses on the latest employee development topics — from diversity and sexual harassment to customer service and teamwork.
- 2006 was another key year. A new, Flash-based version of Coastal's web-based courseware was introduced, featuring crisp, clear video in 400 x 300 kbps format to enliven the training experience. A new subsidiary opened in Augsburg, Germany to serve Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
- Coastal also acquired several small video libraries in 2006 and converted the content to e-learning format. And Coastal added discovery learning to its repertoire of skills with the acquisition of the rights to several instructor-led courses – including The Accounting Game and Zoom (a team decision-making exercise).
- In 2007, Custom Course Creator (C3™) for ClarityNet, Hot Potato and PinPoint™ were launched to complete the comprehensive Coastal eLearning System™. C3™ enables customers to create custom courses in the ClarityNet® format. Hot Potato® provides a wiki-based system for sharing and updating mission-critical technical information. The PinPoint™ assessment builder enables customers to measure the knowledge set of individual employees.
- In 2008, Coastal became a wholly-owned subsidiary of DuPont and part of DuPont Safety Resources, the safety consulting and training arm of the DuPont Safety and Protection platform. Hundreds of companies, government agencies and other organizations have substantially reduced their losses ― human suffering, financial, operational and corporate reputation ― and have significantly improved safety with the help of DuPont professional consulting services and training products. The DuPont™ STOP™ safety awareness training program has helped thousands of employees worldwide prevent injuries and incidents for more than 25 years.
- In 2010, Coastal became part of DuPont Sustainable Solutions. This new entity integrates a unique combination of collaborative consulting services, technologies and blended learning solutions which reflect market needs in the areas of workplace safety, sustainable operations, employee training and clean technologies. For our Training Solutions' clients, this means access to a broader selection of crisp, compelling content built upon DuPont methodologies and expertise and delivered via world-class Coastal technologies and training media.
- In June 2010, DuPont Sustainable Solutions launched a comprehensive Ethics and Compliance training curriculum, now available in an interactive e-learning delivery. Addressing the growth of the compliance industry in the last few years, the strategic shift marshals the expertise of renowned global law firms and thought leaders to provide compelling and updated programs on federal laws, help clients comply, and champion ethical business practices.
- Now more than 25 years after its founding, the company's commitment to providing high-quality training resources to improve the safety, health and skills of the global workforce has never been stronger. Our extensive line of DVDs, e-learning solutions and instructor-led courses have earned a reputation for high production values, reliable content and consistent instructional design. Training Solutions from DuPont Sustainable Solutions is making an impact with employees worldwide.