DynOptic Systems Ltd. is a recognised specialist in the design and manufacture of high technology instrumentation for gas and air quality monitoring. We offer an innovative range of opacity, dust, particulate and smoke monitors to suit a variety of continuous gas emission applications such as boilers, filter bag houses, incinerators and other industrial processes. From our large modern facility in rural Northamptonshire, we design and manufacture all our own products, which we export worldwide to more than 40 countries through our network of local distributors or directly from our UK factory. Originally, founded as an independent electronics design house developing circuits and embedded software for leading industry clients; our business has evolved to designing a quality, yet affordable, range of range of instrumentation to meet our Customer`s needs.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air and Climate - Air Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
With over 30 years of experience, DynOptic Systems has established itself as a recognised specialist in the design and manufacture of high technology instrumentation for opacity, dust, particulate and smoke monitoring.
Founded in 1979 as an independent electronics design house; a role that DynOptic Systems still fulfils today; the business evolved to become an electronics development company designing circuits and embedded software for leading industry clients. With increasing interest in environmental issues and new international legislation, DynOptic Systems identified a need for cost effective yet reliable continuous emissions monitoring equipment and this lead to the design and manufacture of our own comprehensive range of instrumentation.
Our Philosophy is to provide our customers with a quality, yet affordable, range of opacity, dust and smoke monitors, together with our commitment to maintaining a multidiscipline engineering team capable of supporting its customer’s needs.
Continuing the Company's tradition in developing new and innovative products, in 2005 Tunnel Sensors was formed, manufacturing a range air pollution monitoring equipment designed specifically for the tunnel market.
Today DynOptic Systems has three core business activities:
- Dust, smoke and particulate continuous emission monitoring equipment
- Electronics development for client lead projects for design of instrumentation software / hardware for bespoke applications
- Tunnel atmosphere and gas monitoring under our Tunnel Sensors brand
All DynOptic Systems products are designed, assembled and tested at our premises in Northamptonshire, UK and we are committed to maintaining a multidiscipline engineering team capable of supporting our customer’s needs.
With in-house manufacturing, assembly, software design and R&D capabilities, the team has responsibility for all activities from design conception to final product. As a company with a firm foundation in electronic engineering, we have a flair for research and a track record of turning that research into powerful, marketable products.
In this way we always retain the option to offer customised solutions to meet any specific customer requirements.
Furthermore, as an ISO9001/2008 accredited company our quality management system is continuously assessed for all elements of manufacture, supply, service and repair.
DynOptic Systems offer:
- In-house Surface Mount manufacturing and assembly facilities
- Dedicated in-house software development team
- Office based technical team who are available to assist directly with technical queries, system planning and general advice
- Research facilities for product development for customer specific projects and / or prototype instruments
- A team of service engineers available worldwide to assist with installation, commissioning, calibration and routine maintenance and service calls
- A network of distributors worldwide so sales visits and surveys can be carried out by local dealers who are fully trained to offer information and advice on our products
Applications can be categorised by the quality and type of information required.
- Combustion emissions: proving compliance with legislation in either percentage opacity (USA) or mg/m³ (EU)
- Combustion emissions: process control in either percentage opacity or mg/m³, as desired
- Filter leak / failure monitoring: trend changes in particulate levels over time, e.g. bag filter applications
Typical applications include:
- Post Particulate Removal Systems e.g. filter bag house, electrostatic precipitators or scrubbers
- Marine Industry for monitoring smoke emissions from diesel engines, incinerators & boilers