E-A-R Specialty Composites- Aearo Technologies
E-A-R Specialty Composites manufactures and markets proprietary elastomers for noise and vibration control, shock protection and ergonomics. We maintain headquarters and a production facility in Indianapolis, Ind., a plant in Newark Del., near Philadelphia, and a sales office and testing facility in Shenzhen, China. All locations are ISO 9001 certified and additionally our Indianapolis facility is AS 9100 compliant.
E-A-R is a business unit of Indianapolis-based Aearo Technologies, a leading manufacturer of safety equipment, including earplugs, safety glasses and respirators.
To find out more about E-A-R Specialty Composites and the energy-control solutions we provide, visit the areas listed below:
- Single Source Supplier
- Broadest Product Lines
- In-House Production
- Quality Service
- Applications Engineering
Single Source Supplier
E-A-R offers the broadest range of energy control materials available from a single manufacturer. For nearly 30 years, we have been pioneers in energy-control technology, accumulating a wealth of applications experience.
All of this means that our solutions are on target. Never under-engineered. Never over-engineered. Our solutions may be simple—vibration isolators to mount a delicate disk drive. Or complex—a complete treatment package for luxury yachts. Or anything in between.
Broadest Product Lines
E-A-R manufactures a wide range of proprietary vinyl and urethane formulations. Our products include foams and solid materials, sheets, rolls and bun-stock foam, die-cut and molded parts, and multi-layer composites.
We are the industry's only supplier to manufacture all five basic material tools needed for today's complex energy control and cushioning problems:
- Damping materials, to reduce structureborne vibrations before they produce noise
- Isolation materials, to isolate from shock energy and structureborne vibrations
- Barrier materials, to block airborne sound
- Absorption materials, to absorb airborne sound
- Cushioning materials, to provide safety, protection or comfort
We manufacture the materials we sell. We maintain more than 375,000 square feet of capacity in two plants and a distribution facility in Indianapolis and in Newark, Delaware, near Philadelphia.
Our manufacturing processes include:
- Thin-sheet casting— a proprietary process for urethane and vinyl foams and solids
- Extrusion— for solid vinyl materials
- Injection, compression and transfer molding— for isolators and molded parts
- Fabrication— includes laminating, die-cutting and compositing with facings and substrates.