Eijkelkamp Soil & Water
Eijkelkamp Soil & Water makes a difference worldwide by developing, producing and delivering solutions for soil and water research. Eijkelkamp Soil & Water is involved in soil and water projects worldwide within the themes Land Degradation, Food Safety, Urbanisation, Pollution, Land Development and Natural Resources. Eijkelkamp Soil & Water offers solutions for soil and water projects. Having become known for the Edelman hand auger, the product range has now expanded to over 2,500 products for soil augering and soil-sampling equipment, laboratory equipment, sensors & monitoring, (ground-)water sampling equipment, sediment samplers, manure treatment technology and field measurement equipment. Global network partners. Eijkelkamp Soil & Water is represented in over 70 countries by specially selected partners.
Find locations served, office locations , manufacturers and our distributors . Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Soil and Groundwater Science and Research
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
From a local forge to Royal Eijkelkamp
The story behind Royal Eijkelkamp is not a standard one. A small local forge starting at the beginning of the last century and grows into a group of companies that develop and supply equipment for research of the earth. You can call it unique.
More than 100 years of Eijkelkamp can not be summarized on one simple page. That is why we wrote this Company Story. You will find, short and to the point, a large number of events and things worth knowing that made the company what it is today: Royal Eijkelkamp!
- In 1911 Hendrik Eijkelkamp started a forge in Lathum, a small village nearby Arnhem.
- There was just enough space in the trunk of a Volkswagen Beatle to transport the hand auger of 1.2m that Jan Eijkelkamp (son of Hendrik) developed.
- Fons Eijkelkamp (son of Jan and grandson of Hendrik) was just a little boy and already involved in the company. He put the postal stamps on the first product catalogues (available in four languages).
- In 1970 Fons officially started working in the company on the condition that it switched completely to own products.
- The company focuses on all kinds of research equipment related to the sources of life: soil- and water.
- Company philosophy: be a blacksmith of your own luck!
- Around 1974 Albert Knol started as the company’s first sales employee.
- Around 1978 the first outlines of a distributors network became visible. In 2011 Eijkelkamp has 62 distributors, worldwide.
- Around 1984 the first catalogue with a range of specific trade products sees the light. The company’s device: One supplier for the field worker who will hear tomorrow he has to go far away the day after tomorrow.
- In 1995 the company already uses email which was stimulated by our good relations with universities worldwide.
- Around 1995 the company is one of the two companies that are selected by the Dutch Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries to develop sampling equipment for the transport and use of fertilizers where users cannot commit fraud with.
- Since then already 550 complete systems have been delivered for the transport sector, behind a tractor as well as big fertilizer trucks.
- In 1996 the company’s first website was launched.
- In 1996 Eijkelkamp received the ISO-9001 certificate for the first time and has always managed to keep it since then.
- Since 1996 supplier of smart field sensors that can measure, save and forward several parameters in (ground) water.
- In 1996 started developing a new innovative way of mechanical drilling: Sonic Drilling.
- 1998 Foundation of Eijkelkamp Academy. In the meantime our ETC-trainers travel round the world for consultany, training and capacity building.
- At the end of 2005 Eijkelkamp SonicSampDrill was founded for the purpose of supplying a high-quality and quick sampling technique.
- March 2011 Centenary jubilee: ‘100 Years of Eijkelkamp, 100 years of quality’.
- March 2011 a complete renewed website goes online.
- The Eijkelkamp Foundation sees first light. 100 years of specialized knowledge and entrepreneurship obtained flows back at the community
- May 2011: Eijkelkamp is allowed to use the designation ‘Royal’ in its name. A crowning of all our work! From now on it is Royal Eijkelkamp.
- Social media have found their way into the society. Royal Eijkelkamp is active on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Summer 2012. Eijkelkamp Soil & Water won various projects, including 571 groundwater measurement points for Platform Water Vallei en Eem.
- Summer 2012. Eijkelkamp SonicSampDrill won the TNO SBIR 2012 and received a significant sum to develop a completely new approach to calculating copper quantities in ore, together with TNO, TU Delft and IHC Merwede, to enable more efficient and effective ore processing.
- The MAREC concept, brainchild of Fons Eijkelkamp, saw the light of day. Together with partners Witteveen+Bos and IHC Merwede, Royal Eijkelkamp is providing all the knowledge and skills required for responsible mining practices.
- Augustus 2013: Following many years of negotiations and after devising innovative solutions, SonicSampDrill won a contract worth millions to develop an 18.5 metre long “train” on tracks to conduct a sampling programme for gold at up to -55 degrees C in the Russian Far East.
- 2014: Eijkelkamp Foundation starts it's own project The Water Entrepreneur in Benin.
- In 2015 the first Royal Eijkelkamp facility is established abroad. Eijkelkamp North America represents Royal Eijkelkamp in the United States and Canada.
- Royal Eijkelkamp is represented by partners in more than 90 countries.
- 2016: We are incredibly proud that Grundfos has found the ideal partner in Eijkelkamp Soil & Water to exclusively sell the Grundfos MP 1 submersible pump worldwide.
- In 2017 Royal Eijkelkamp has 125 employees worldwide.
- Fons Eijkelkamp hands over General Management to Huug Eijkelkamp.
- 2018: Royal Eijkelkamp has won a five-year multi-million euro project in Sri Lanka. Under instructions of the Sri Lankan Ministry of Irrigation and Water Resources Management, Royal Eijkelkamp starts with the realisation of a groundwater monitoring network.
- The start of the NL-Food Security Alliance, a Royal Eijkelkamp initiative.
As part of Royal Eijkelkamp, Eijkelkamp Soil & Water contributes to the following mission and vision.
Royal Eijkelkamp is able to make a continuous contribution to a safe and healthy living environment thanks to more than 100 years’ experience and expertise in soil and water research.
Royal Eijkelkamp wants to become the world’s preferred supplier of solutions - including one-stop solutions - for soil and water research. We’re always able to provide our clients and partners with sustainable added value through close cooperation and knowledge sharing. And we’ll continue responding innovatively to fast-changing client demands in the future.
The basic rules and important practices within our company
- High-standard business ethics. Everyone sets a good example for each other, starting with the Supervisory Board and Management Board. Friendly, open, clear communication based on mutual respect and focused on striving for concrete results. In our dealings we consider everyone as a customer, both internally and externally.
- Together we create a working environment in which enjoyment also has an important place.
- Open and honest with each other. Respect for each other's opinions and ideas. Decision-making based on professionalism, integrity, and good arguments. When there is a difference of opinion, the decision of the person with final responsibility is respectfully followed.
- Real contact with the employee: every employee matters. We express our appreciation, even to colleagues who have retired. Employees are encouraged to develop personally and professionally.
- Delivering top quality and top service to our customers. We regard customers as partners. We are also prepared to serve our internal customers well. Making mistakes is acceptable, as long as we learn from them.
- Modesty with courage. Employees take initiative themselves, and managers encourage this.
- Achieving good return in order to be able to realise long-term goals. Avoiding becoming dependent on impatient investors and shareholders.
- Leading in innovation. Our business is based on the continuous development and implementation of new ideas, always focused on the demand from the market.
- Continuing to cherish our own manufacturing company.
- With our knowledge, skills, and products, and those of our partners, we seek to offer solutions for soil- and water-related problems associated with issues such as food security, climate adaptation, and, indirectly, the reduction of migration, for example. Because we strive to make careful use of resources, we choose suitable, reliable, sustainable company assets. These facilitate the delivery of excellent performance. In addition to financial interests, contributing to a better environment and a better world are core aspects of the way we work.
- Together we are responsible for ensuring that everyone can work safely.
Eijkelkamp Soil & Water is ISO-9001 certified. The company is subject to an annual audit to renew the certificate. Eijkelkamp Soil & Water became ISO-9001 certified for the first time in 1996.
ISO-9001 is an international quality management standard. It is used to assess whether an organisation meets the requirements of the customer, relevant legislation and regulations and the requirements of the organisation itself. ISO-9001 is therefore also sometimes said to mean: say what you do, do what you say and prove it. We can prove this with the certificate.
For us, the certification applies to the development, production, purchasing and selling of equipment for research into soil, water, plant, climate, residues and land surveying equipment. It also applies to the giving of courses in the area of environmental research, agricultural engineering and water management.
The Water Entrepreneur
The Eijkelkamp Foundation, founded in 2011, supported several agricultural projects in Myanmar and Guinea. Now we want to use all our knowledge, expertise and funds to face the biggest project so far. But therefore we need your help to make a difference, to be the difference.
The Eijkelkamp Foundation
Because of Royal Eijkelkamp's Centenary jubilee in 2011, the Eijkelkamp Foundation has been founded. This foundation has the disposal of knowledge, means and equipment which is meant for special good causes. The Eijkelkamp Foundation does not want to just donate money but wants to go further than that. In this way 100 years of specialized knowledge and entrepreneurship obtained flows back at the community.
Royal Eijkelkamp always strives for products and services with the highest quality. By that our products last long which contributes to a more sustainable earth. Durability and continuity: our centenary jubilee ultimately proofs this.
By founding the Eijkelkamp Foundation we continue this line. In this way we are able to make a long lasting and structural social contribution.
Eijkelkamp Soil & Water is represented in over 70 countries by specially selected partners.