Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Emerald Publishing was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering. Emerald manages a portfolio of nearly 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 teaching cases.
Emerald is a global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society. The company manages a portfolio of more than 290 journals and over 2,000 books and book series volumes, as well as providing an extensive range of online products and additional customer resources and services.
- Quality is at the heart of our business. The highest quality of double-blind peer reviewed research is at the heart of what we do, working alongside some of the most prestigious contributors in their respective fields. Our commitment to quality and relevance is reflected by a growing network of more than 100,000 advisers, authors and editors and nearly 5,000 customers in over 130 countries worldwide.
- Agility in a fast-changing environment. As a fast-growing, independent publisher we offer the best of both worlds, with a global presence to provide significant research and support services, while remaining agile enough to respond quickly to market needs.
- Passionate about service excellence. Our absolute commitment to quality extends throughout the service and supporting resources we provide. This is one of the main reasons our authors, editors and customers choose to work with us year after year.
- Creating impact. Emerald's philosophy has always been to help our communities create a meaningful impact; one that furthers the body of knowledge and supports teaching, contributes to advances in society and the environment, and influences government policy and business practice.
- At the end of 2012 Emerald had 55 journals and 3 Book Series ranked by Thomson Reuters (ISI)
- In 2012, more than 22 million Emerald articles were downloaded and read in research and study
- In 2012, nearly 500,000 Emerald Book Series chapters were downloaded and read in research and study
- Over 135,000 researchers, academics and authors have contributed to Emerald content since 1994
- Emerald has customers in over 130 countries and contributors in over 205 countries, demonstrating our commitment to providing international research
Improving the Emerald Customer Offering
Improving the experience for all customers globally is a priority for Emerald. As a result we have provided a new web platform, improved rankings and plan for increases in yearly article growth and these are just the start of a journey we have undertaken to enhance the customer experience with Emerald.
Supporting Education and Research
Emerald is a member of the Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative (GRLI), and actively supports research and education worldwide with a number of awards and research grants. View a list of awards.
Partnerships and Collaborations
Emerald works in close collaboration with a number of academic and corporate organizations and associations worldwide, including: the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Academy of Management, the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA), the American Library Association (ALA), the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), CEEMAN (Central and East European Management Development Association), amongst others.