Engineered Polymer Technologies (EPT) is a leading U.S. manufacturer of supported and unsupported Polymer Film/Sheet and Coated Fabrics. Our unique process allows us to produce supported and unsupported products in a thickness range of 1.6 mil. to 120 mil and in widths up to 120” (3.05 m). Polymer options include, but are not limited to: PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride), TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane), EIA (Ethylene Interpolymer Alloy), and PP (Polypropylene). Supported products can be reinforced with a wide array of fabrics (woven, knit, non-woven, etc.) that utilize commercially available yarn technologies which include Polyester, Nylon, Fiberglass, and assorted Aramids. EPT products are used for a wide variety of applications, including Geomembranes, Military Products. Liquid, Spill and Air Containment, Cured in Place Pipe, Dock Seals, High Visibility Films and Fabrics, Commercial and RV Roofing, Acoustic Barrier Insulation, and Traction and Grip Surfaces.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Soil and Groundwater - Geotechnical
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
With over 40 years of polymer processing experience, Engineered Polymer Technologies (EPT) manufactures a wide range of Flexible Film/Sheet and Coated Industrial Fabrics which utilizes a wide range of Thermoplastic Polymers. These include:
- PVC (PolyVinyl Chloride)
- DuPont Elvaloy® KEE(Ketone Ethylene Ester)/EIA(Ethylene Interpolymer Alloy)
- TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane)
- NSF 61 Standard Grade Available for all Listed Polymers
- Fish Grade PVC
- PP (PolyPropylene)
EPT manufacturing facilities are located in Hillside, NJ. As a custom manufacturer, we are driven to satisfy our customer's needs. EPT works with customers to provide sustainable products tailored to each customer's specific applications. Our manufacturing capabilities include:
- Weight range (coated fabrics): 4.0 oz/yd2 and greater
- Thickness range (Film/Sheet): 1.6 mil to 120 mil
- Product width range: up to 120' (Composite dependent)
- Tapes available from ¾” and greater..
- Custom formulation and colors (includes fluorescent and pearlescent colors)
- A variety of reinforcing fabrics ( Nylon, Polyester, Fiberglass, Cottons and Aramids) are available in many designs which include non-woven, knit fabrics, traditional woven and ballistic grade woven fabrics to provide the highest available strength.
Industries served by EPT include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Spill Containment
- Various Military Specification Products
- Below Grade Waterproofing
- Trenchless Pipe Replacement
- General Industrial Fabrics
- High Visibility Safety Flags & Protective Garments
- Medical Film/Sheet & Fabrics
- Covers for Equipment, Matresses & Athletic Application
EPT is always expanding its product offering by exploiting the latest technology available from the polymer and textile industries. We are always available to discuss new products or applications.
We are currently expanding our abilities in the following areas:
- Anti Stat PVC and PVC Alloys
- Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV)
- Foaming / Polymer Expansion Technology
- Adhesion Enhancement
- Polyolefin Elastomers
- Polymer Alloy Capabilities
Technical paper on the distinctions between the use of the terms EIA, EIP, KEE and Elvaloy® in describing the polymers typically used for geomembrane applications. Includes strengths and weaknesses with using a geomembrane formulated with Elvaloy.