Engineered Polymer Technologies (EPT)
Engineered Polymer Technologies (EPT) is a leading U.S. manufacturer of supported and unsupported Polymer Film/Sheet and Coated Fabrics. Our unique process allows us to produce supported and unsupported products in a thickness range of 1.6 mil. to 120 mil and in widths up to 120” (3.05 m). Polymer options include, but are not limited to: PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride), TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane), EIA (Ethylene Interpolymer Alloy), and PP (Polypropylene). Supported products can be reinforced with a wide array of fabrics (woven, knit, non-woven, etc.) that utilize commercially available yarn technologies which include Polyester, Nylon, Fiberglass, and assorted Aramids. EPT products are used for a wide variety of applications, including Geomembranes, Military Products. Liquid, Spill and Air Containment, Cured in Place Pipe, Dock Seals, High Visibility Films and Fabrics, Commercial and RV Roofing, Acoustic Barrier Insulation, and Traction and Grip Surfaces.
Engineered Polymer Technologies is focused on customer satisfaction by offering the best technology available. EPT products derive its strength from the polymer and textile industries. We are always available to discuss new products with our customers, partner with our multiple vendors and drive towards manufacturing unique products. EPT extrudes a variety of thermoplastics, such as unreinforced film or reinforced with woven or knitted fabrics.
EPT has two lines using extrusion technology, which can vary thicknesses from 1.6 mil to 120 mils (0.04 to 3.048 mm) and a wide variety of widths up to 120 inches (3m). The company also has a R&D Pilot Line which expedites our new product development process, along with process improvements to help optimize future and current product lines.
Our Research & Development and Quality Control Departments give us the ability to create new products based on the customer needs, ranging from color matching to polymer orfabric selection for our customers. Below are some of theequipment Engineered Polymer Technologies uses towardsachieving its goals:
- 1' Davis-Standard Killion Extruder
- CW Brabender Three Piece Mixer
- Tinius Olsen MP1200Melt Flow Tester
- Instron Tensile-Compression Tester
- Two Roll Mill
- Prostat Static Resistance System
- Q lab QUV Accelerated Weathering Tester and many more
Currently EPT has expanded its capabilities to a wide variety of thermoplastic polymers, which now include the polymers shown below. We are working towards including many more polymers in the future.
- Flexible polyvinyl chloride (fPVC)
- PVC alloys with Elvaloy®/KEE
- Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV)
- Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU)
- Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO)
- Thermoplastic elastomer (TPE)
- Foaming / Polymer Expansion Technology
- Adhesion Enhancement
- Anti-Stat PVC and TPU’s
With over 40 years of polymer processing experience, Engineered Polymer Technologies (EPT) manufactures a wide variety of Flexible Film/Sheet and Coated Industrial Fabrics which utilizes a wide range of Thermoplastic Polymers. These include:
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
- DuPont Elvaloy® KEE(ketone ethylene ester) / EIA (ethylene interpolymer alloy)
- TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane)
- NSF 61 Standard Grade Available for all Listed Polymers
- Fish Grade PVC
- PP (polypropylene)
EPT manufacturing facilities are located in Hillside, NJ (near Newark, NJ). As a custom manufacturer, we are driven to satisfy our customer's needs. We work with customers to provide sustainable products tailored to each customer's specific applications.
Our manufacturing capabilities include:
- Weight range (coated fabrics): 4.0 oz/yd2 and greater
- Thickness range (Film/Sheet): 1.6 mil to 120 mil
- Product width range: up to 120' (composite dependent)
- Tapes available from ¾” and greater
- Custom formulation and colors (includes fluorescent and pearlescent colors)
A variety of reinforcing fabrics (nylon, polyester, fiberglass, cottons and aramids) are available in many designs which include non-woven, knit fabrics, traditional woven and ballistic grade woven fabrics to provide the highest available strength.
Industries served by EPT include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Spill Containment
- Various Military Specification Products
- Below Grade Waterproofing
- Trenchless Pipe Replacement
- General Industrial Fabrics
- High Visibility Safety Flags &
- Protective Garments
- Medical Film/Sheet & Fabrics
- Covers for Equipment, Matresses & Athletic Application