Environmental Management Institute, Inc.
Since its inception in 1990 the Institute has been the premier nonprofit training organization in the Midwest. The mission of the Institute is to enable persons and organizations to manage hazardous materials of all kinds. Our training courses (and compliance assistance and regulatory information services) encompass asbestos, lead, and mold inspection and remediation, DOT, RCRA, and OSHA hazardous materials and hazardous wastes, and CHMM exam preparation.
Environmental Management Institute is a nonprofit corporation providing training, information, and compliance assistance for workers, managers, regulators, and concerned citizens.
The Institute promotes the understanding and utilization of prudent chemical management practices to protect human health and the environment.
We are an Indiana nonprofit and a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Contributions of money or equipment to the Institute may be deductible from state or federal income tax to their donors. Our nonprofit filings are posted on the web at GuideStar: The National Database of Nonprofit Organizations.
We provide training. Each year we train over 2000 people in over 75 different courses, all of them clustered around managing hazardous materials. We are Indiana's largest asbestos and lead trainer and the largest private sector trainer for the OSHA HAZWOPER specialties, including site cleanup, chemical emergency response, and RCRA TSDF training clients. We are proud to be the Indiana training partner in the Midwest Consortium for Hazardous Waste Worker Training. This Consortium has provided premium training courses for the midwestern states since 1988, funded in part by support from the National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS). We maintain a relationship with Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM). Our president, Jack E. Leonard, edited the IHMM's textbook Managing Hazardous Materials with the excellent assistance of Gary Robinson. Dr. Leonard has taught his review course for the CHMM examination in several states.
Our 5000-square foot facility on the west side of Indianapolis gives us an all-weather training site for doing hands-on training in heated/air-conditioned comfort. And most of our courses can be taken on the road and customized for our client's convenience.
Our mission also includes providing information and compliance assistance to a wide variety of people. Hardly a day passes without calls from clients and referrals for information. Our RAQs (Recently Asked Questions) pages provide a glimpse at the types of concerns people bring to us. If you would like to be added to our e-mail newsletter list, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you will take the opportunity to browse our site and sample our offerings.
We do provide Training That Works For People Who Work.
- asbestos assessments
- asbestos abatements
- removal of asbestos flooring
- replacement of asbestos packings and gaskets
- removal of asphaltic pipeline coatings
- RCRA hazardous waste handling
- RCRA hazardous waste treatment
- shipping of hazardous materials
- lead-based paint inspections
- lead risk assessments
- lead abatements
- lead interim controls
- mold remediations
- industrial wastewater treatment
- HAZWOPER emergency response
- HAZWOPER site cleanups
- solid waste facility operations
- DOT hazmat handling
- RCRA hazardous waste management
- OSHA worker protection
- OSHA hazard communication
- terrorism preparedness
- chemical emergency response
- regulatory requirements
- wastewater treatment
- licensed asbestos inspectors
- licensed lead inspectors
- licensed lead risk assessors
- licensed asbestos management planners
- licensed asbestos project designers
- licensed asbestos supervisors
- licensed asbestos contractors
- licensed asbestos abatement workers
- asbestos analysis technicians
- certified lead abatement contractors
- certified lead abatement supervisors
- certified lead abatement workers
- asbestos flooring removal workers and supervisors
- asbestos packings and gaskets workers and supervisors
- asbestos O&M workers
- confined space entrants
- confined space attendants
- confined space supervisors
- certified hazardous materials managers
- certified solid waste facility operators
- certified waste water treatment operators
- certified industrial hygienists
- HAZWOPER emergency response first responders
- HAZWOPER hazardous materials technicians
- HAZWOPER emergency coordinators
- HAZWOPER incident commanders
- HAZWOPER cleanup supervisors
- HAZWOPER general cleanup site workers
- HAZWOPER limited cleanup site workers
- mold remediation supervisors