ERG (Air Pollution Control) Ltd
ERG (Air Pollution Control) Ltd provides specialist industrial air pollution control, gas treatment and odour control packages – turnkey supply of the complete system: design, supply, installation and commissioning – all backed by a process guarantee. Read more about out the industries we serve, our technologies and services here. The ERG Group of companies specialises in the supply, maintenance and manufacture of industrial air pollution control and odour control systems. Currently comprising four operating companies, we have a solid reputation for being a leading supplier of air pollution control systems to a wide range of industries, with satisfied customers in the UK, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and the USA.
Find locations served, office locations , manufacturers and our distributors
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air Pollution Treatment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
Our team prides itself on offering the best quality design and manufacturing available in the market, delivered safely and smoothly by our project management and site teams, all at the most competitive capital and operating cost, and minimal environmental impact. Our mission is to provide our customers with a complete, robust air or gas cleaning package, offering guaranteed emissions to atmosphere so you meet your legal compliance obligations, and the most reliable maintenance service available.
- ERG APC Maintenance Ltd supplies maintenance services for our own and other manufacturers’ odour and air pollution control and gas treatment systems, including framework servicing and maintenance, refurbishments and upgrades, media changes, process performance reviews and emergency breakdown cover. Find out more about us here.
- ERG (Plastic Fabrication) Ltd fabricates plastic and GRP vessels, tanks and ductwork, and manufactures skid-mounted equipment packages. Read more here.
- ERG Process Technologies Ltd is the group parent company and also carries out specialist projects for some of our process industries clients. Find out more about our systems and services at www.ergprocesstechnologies.com.
Our head office and manufacturing are based in Horsham, a few miles from Gatwick airport with excellent connections to the UK and around the world. And our Middle East regional office and Russia sales office serve our customers in their regions.
- 1978: Founded in the UK under the name ERG Odour Purification Systems as a sister company to Lancy Effluent Treatment Ltd and ERG Process Plant – a part of The ERG Lancy Group.
- 1986: ERG Odour Purification Ltd changes its name to ERG (Air Pollution Control) Ltd.
- Early 1990s: ERG Lancy Group bought by the newly privatised Southern Water. ERG Lancy grew significantly under Southern Water’s ownership, and ERG (Air Pollution Control) expanded its products and systems.
- 1998: ERG Lancy Group sold to AEA Technology to complement their growing portfolio of engineering and technology businesses.
- AEA Technology breaks up and sells off the ERG Lancy Group.
- ERG (Air Pollution Control) Ltd is acquired by the current ownership under a management buy-out.
- 2004: ERG obtains the V-tex® technology from Accentus.
- 2005: ERG’s maintenance division growth is consolidated with our first frameworks for Southern Water and Scottish Water.
- 2007: ERG’s Middle East regional office is founded. This office now employs around 10 engineers, offering a full service of sales, design and engineering, system supply and delivery and commissioning services.
- 2008: ERG buys APC Process Engineering Ltd from its former directors on their retirement. This acquisition enhanced ERG’s range of technologies and enabled ERG to be more competitive in the industrial gas treatment market in the UK and internationally.
- 2010: ERG acquires The Ultimate Filter Company, manufacturer of specialist plastic vessels and ductwork, and an existing, trusted supplier to ERG. Vertical integration of system design and in-house manufacturing capability. The company has subsequently been re-named as ERG (Plastic Fabrication) Ltd.
- 2011: ERG’s first package of equipment is supplied to Russia through our local office – the beginning of more than a decade of growth in this area.
- 2015: The IP and staff of Beverley Environmental are acquired by ERG – further expanding our equipment and maintenance capabilities to include thermal oxidation.
- ERG PF moves to a new, purpose-built site in Horsham – comprising fabrication workshop and offices.
- After more than 30 years at Foundry Lane in Horsham, ERG (Air Pollution Control) Ltd also moves to the Bridge House site in Slinfold, co-located with the Plastic Fabrication workshop.
ERG (Air Pollution Control) Ltd, a Lloyds Register accredited ISO 9001 company, was formed in 1978 and over the years has become a well-established and reputable name in Environmental Engineering and Contracting.
Products and Services
ERG is structured into 5 Divisions which are:
- Odour control which supplies systems mainly to the UK and Middle East waste water industry.
- Air pollution control which supplies systems to a wide range of industrial clients across the world.
- V-tex which develops and protects the technology and supports ERG's global network of V-tex licensees.
- Maintenance which supplies maintenance services for odour control and air pollution control systems.
- Consultancy which supplies services such as front end engineering design studies, pilot trials and odour modelling to assist our clients with the specification of their air pollution or odour control requirements.
Many of ERG's staff have worked for ERG for more than 15 years and at least 50% of the employees have more than 7 years experience with ERG. At the centre of the company is the engineering department which employees several chemical engineers together with experienced mechanical and electrical engineers.
ERG operates a Quality Management System accredited by Lloyds Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) to ISO9001:2000, covering all aspects of our internal processes, supplier management and interaction with our clients. So as a specifier, buyer or operator of one of our air pollution or odour control systems, you can be confident you are receiving a consistently high standard of equipment and service.
ERG also operates a comprehensive Health and Safety Management System which allows us to comply with all of our CDM responsibilities as a sub-contractor, or to act as the principal contractor if required. We are proud of our strong site record for Health and Safety and can always provide up-to-date safety statistics on request.
ERG is an accredited supplier registered with UVDB Verify by Achilles. This recognises ERG's standing as a supplier to many utility companies over many years.
ERG is a responsible custodian of the environment in which we operate. As such we operate within our environment policy and all our activities and operations are compliant with the ISO 14001 standard to which we are accredited. We also have set ourselves the goal to continually reduce our unit carbon footprint by at least 2.5% year on year.
ERG's clients number several leading global companies, including:
- United Utilities, Scottish Water, Thames Water and Southern Water in the wastewater industry
- Pfizer, GSK, Eli Lilly, Schering Plough and Novartis in the pharmaceutical industry
- Alcoa and Corus in the metal processing industry
- Amec and Stone and Webster in the oil and gas industry
- Pedigree and Royal Canin in the pet food industry
- BNFL in the nuclear industry
- Van den Burgh and Cadbury's in the Food Industry
- Ford Motor Company, Avesta and Plessey in the plating industry
- Optical Fibres and Pirelli in the optical fibres industry
- Biffa Waste Services, Greenstar, Fiberpower in the waste disposal industry
The above is just a small selection of ERG's client list. ERG has more than 600 operational plants treating pollution across the globe.
ERG (Air Pollution Control) Ltd, a leading supplier of air pollution control (APC) systems and services. We are a company with a successful track record of over 35 years and over 700 systems installed worldwide.
We provide turn-key tailor-made solutions that are optimised to give the best technical solution for the lowest capital and running cost, and backed up with performance guarantees.
ERG specialises in the following areas:
- Odour control systems
- Air pollution control systems
- Industrial gas cleaning
- V-tex scrubbing, stripping and condensing technology
- Soluble contamination capture and recovery
- Particulate removal systems
- Hazardous waste flue gas cleaning systems
- VOC contamination abatement
- Thermal oxidation systems
- Thermal fluid heaters
- Toxic waste destruction systems
- Maintenance of odour control and industrial APC equipment
ERG Client Support
We also support our clients with:
- Consultancy, including odour and contamination modelling
- Front end engineering design studies
- Design Contracts
- Pilot trials using any of 5 different pilot plants
- Hire of temporary odour control and air pollution control systems
Contact ERG for Effective, Economical Solutions
ERG is a highly reputable and respected company, thanks to our history of providing effective air pollution control and odour control solutions to our clients, as well as our presence in the UK and abroad. We are based in Horsham, near Gatwick airport, with satellite offices around the UK, branch offices in the Middle East, Russia and a global network of V-tex technology licensees.