ESdat Environmental Data Software
ESdat is a specialist environmental database system; used to validate, import analyze and report a broad spectrum of Environmental Data. ESdat is widely used in mining, government, landfill, industry and consultancies. ESdat provides organisations with confidence their data is well organised and can be efficiently retrieved and analysed.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors
- Business Type:
- Software vendor
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
What is ESdat?
ESdat is a specialist environmental database system; used to validate, import analyze and report a broad spectrum of Environmental Data.
ESdat is widely used in mining, government, landfill, industry and consultancies. ESdat provides organisations with confidence their data is well organised and can be efficiently retrieved and analysed.
ESdat Online delivers a highly cost effective and efficient approach to store your ongoing monitoring data.
ESdat Server is a dedicated cloud or onsite instance of ESdat Online that can be extended to meet enterprise requirements.
Extensions of ESdat Include functionality for:
Field Programs. LSPECS provides electronic field program management, oversight and Chain of Custody. It uploads plans to the ESdat Field App for offline data collection.
Logger Data. LoggerSync allows ESdat to receive live data from data loggers, such as weather, groundwater or flow loggers.
Public Portals. The ESdat Public Portal provides a simple map interface to share data with non-technical members of the public.
A variety of other options for the collection and reporting of environmental, geological, borehole or specialist data.
Single data repository
ESdat consolidates all data into a single database that everyone can access, so it's easy to locate & easy to use.
Environmental data continually comes from field devices, laboratories or data loggers. The same checks need to be performed repeatedly:
- QA Checks
- sampling issues
- analysis issues
- Exceedance / Compliance checks
- Email Exceedance Notifications
- Analysis and ReportingTables
ESdat automates all these tasks, eliminating the time required to do it manually and allowing professionals to focus on assessing the data. In a survey most users saved over 40% of their office time working with their data (see User Survey).
Accuracy & Reliability
Manual data management involves extensive cutting and pasting, which is tedious, error prone, and has no tracability.
ESdat imports data automatically, storing the original data and tracking any edits so users can have confidence in the data they are using.
Combining new data is easy.
Graphs, Tables, Maps and Statistics need to be continually updated.
ESdat generates all these outputs and more live from the underlying database and ready to report.
Easy to share data among users/organizations
ESdat provides a single, live, and easy to use data repository for all stakeholders to access.
Regulatory and Standards Compliance
Many site holders have a regulatory obligation to be able to access their environmental data quickly, easily, accurately, and demonstrate an audit process to confirm the accuracy of that data. ISO 14001 also requires organizations to have systems in place to manage their data.
ESdat can store a complete audit trail of the data, including the Certified Laboratory Certificate of Analysis, Calibration Certificates, and others, as well as tracking edits and deletions through the Change Tracker. If your systems are audited you can be confident your environmental data has full tracability.
Thank you to all the ESdat Users that completed our recent “Customer Opinion Survey”, we received overwhelming positive feedback and some great suggestions on improvements.
We have published a summary of the full results here and have included a number of the findings and quotes below for your reference:
It was voted easy to use, this is what some people said:
- Its simple, efficient and easy to learn Hamish Campbell, ERM
- Ease of use, generic/flexible, standard platforms (Access/SQL Server), support Luke Cameron, Golder Associate's
- Quick and easy tables and dataset overview, great QA help Yvonne Binai, GHD
- Ability to pick up guideline exceedances automatically Belle Casement, Senversa
- Good for large volumes of laboratory results , Tom Madill, Tonkin & Taylor
ESdat saves time:
- All users saved time. Time saved was at least 20% of their time analyzing data with ESdat. Over 50% of respondents save more than 40%.
Users sighted a broad section of features as important, including:
- Time savings, especially for long-running sites (historical data). Reduction of errors (no transcription) Amy Smith, Parsons Brinckerhoff
- I like that I don't have to go through the data to find Guidelines exceedances Ryan Baxter, EBA Engineering
- Laboratory reporting formats/QA/QC/TIME SAVING Cameron Kay, Golder Associates Pty Ltd
- Generate chem data and borelogs within minutes. Provides a data base of all lab reports for each job James Coley, FMG Engineering
- Accuracy of data Tho Tran, OTEK
We received a number of suggestions and these have been implemented in the subsequently released version 4.2.