Esdat Environmental Data Software
ESdat is a specialist environmental database system; used to validate, import, analyze and report a broad spectrum of Environmental Data as Exceedance Tables, Graphs, Maps, statistics and more. ESdat is available as `ESdat Desktop`, `ESdat Server`, and a completely cloud (web) based `ESdat Online`. ESdat provide environmental and groundwater database systems, for use by environmental consultants and site managers; particularly those concerned with contaminated / industrial sites, groundwater investigations, landfill and regulatory compliance. Their ESdat environmental data management software is used worldwide and is the most widely used environmental and groundwater data management and analysis package in the Asia / Pacific. In a recent survey users rated: time savings, ease of use, and the ability to customise it as key benefits.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors
- Business Type:
- Software vendor
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
What is ESdat?
ESdat is a specialist environmental database system; used to validate, import, analyze and report a broad spectrum of Environmental Data as Exceedance Tables, Graphs, Maps, statistics and more.
ESdat is available as 'ESdat Desktop', 'ESdat Server', and a completely cloud (web) based 'ESdat Online'.
Single data repository
- Historically, data is often spread around in multiple files, directories, and file formats. This can make it difficult to obtain all site/project data, and understand how it all ties together.
- ESdat consolidates all data into a single database, making it easy to locate, and consistent in it's arrangement.
- Most organizations receive the majority of their environmental data from consistent sources on an ongoing basis (i.e. laboratories or the field), and perform the same checks on that data each time; these might include:
- QA Checks
- sampling issues (i.e. RPD values for duplicates, detects in blanks)
- laboratory data issues (i.e. holding times, ionic balance, surrogate recoveries)
- Exceedance (Non-Compliance) checks
- Email Notifications
- highlight exceedances of environmental standards on tables or maps.
- Analyze the data as a time-series graphs, trend analysis, or on a map.
ESdat automates all these tasks, eliminating the time required to do it manually and allowing professionals to focus on assessing the data, rather than cutting and pasting. In a recent survey most users saved over 40% of their office time working with their data (see User Survey).
- Excel based methods of data management involve extensive cutting and pasting of data. Cutting and pasting of data is usually tedious and errors inevitably creep in. Often multiple copies of the data are needed to produce map, graph and table outputs.
- ESdat can import laboratory data automatically, eliminating the need to manually manipulate the data. Field data can be manually entered or automatically downloaded from a PDA.
Combining new data is easy.
- Traditionally, whenever additional data is received it is necessary to update two or three copies of existing data, such as tables, graphs or maps. This is error prone and the multiple copies of the data lead to possible inconsistencies.
- ESdat combines all data into a single database, and outputs are easily re-generated or updated automatically.
Easy to share data among users/organizations
- Within any single team there is typically a variety of methods used to manage environmental data, which reflects each individuals skill levels in Excel or Access. Thus, sharing of data between team members is usually time consuming and imperfect as people need to learn how to find and use data managed by others.
- If all data is stored in ESdat people know where to find it, and how to use it.
Regulatory and Standards Compliance
- Many site holders have a regulatory obligation to be able to access their environmental data quickly, easily, accurately, and demonstrate an audit process to confirm the accuracy of that data. ISO 14001 also requires organizations to have systems in place to manage their data. Clearly, copying and pasting data in Excel is not consistent with those obligations.
- ESdat can store a complete audit trail of the data, including Certified Laboratory, Calibration, or other certificates, as well as track edits and deletions through the Change Tracker. The data is quick to access and present in required formats.
Thank you to all the ESdat Users that completed our recent “Customer Opinion Survey”, we received overwhelming positive feedback and some great suggestions on improvements.
We have published a summary of the full results here and have included a number of the findings and quotes below for your reference:
It was voted easy to use, this is what some people said:
- Its simple, efficient and easy to learn Hamish Campbell, ERM
- Ease of use, generic/flexible, standard platforms (Access/SQL Server), support Luke Cameron, Golder Associate's
- Quick and easy tables and dataset overview, great QA help Yvonne Binai, GHD
- Ability to pick up guideline exceedances automatically Belle Casement, Senversa
- Good for large volumes of laboratory results , Tom Madill, Tonkin & Taylor
ESdat saves time:
- All users saved time. Time saved was at least 20% of their time analyzing data with ESdat. Over 50% of respondents save more than 40%.
Users sighted a broad section of features as important, including:
- Time savings, especially for long-running sites (historical data). Reduction of errors (no transcription) Amy Smith, Parsons Brinckerhoff
- I like that I don't have to go through the data to find Guidelines exceedances Ryan Baxter, EBA Engineering
- Laboratory reporting formats/QA/QC/TIME SAVING Cameron Kay, Golder Associates Pty Ltd
- Generate chem data and borelogs within minutes. Provides a data base of all lab reports for each job James Coley, FMG Engineering
- Accuracy of data Tho Tran, OTEK
We received a number of suggestions and these have been implemented in the subsequently released version 4.2.