The European Solar Thermal Industry Federation (ESTIF) is the voice of the solar thermal industry, actively promoting the use of solar thermal technology for renewable heating and cooling in Europe. With around 80 members from 17 European countries, ESTIF represents the entire value chain.
To fulfill its mission, ESTIF pursues the following strategic objectives:
- to be a recognised partner of the EU institutions for the purpose of policy advice and implementation of support programmes for renewables in heating and cooling
- to promote solar thermal heating and cooling in Europe to achieve the target of 1m2 of collector area for every European in 2020.
- to support its members when dealing with EU institutions, programmes and policies concerning solar thermal issues
- to promote the abolition of any trade barriers hampering the development of an open and large solar thermal market in Europe
- to enhance EU initiatives aimed at the integration of solar thermal in the built environment
- to develop and support instruments which increase consumer confidence, product quality and the impact of market stimulation tools
- to actively contribute to the realisation of solar thermal's potential, focusing in the first instance on Europe. Growth in Europe will be the best precondition for success in other parts of the world
ESTIF'S mission is to achieve high priority and acceptance for solar thermal as a key element for sustainable heating and cooling in Europe and, with immediate effect, to work for the implementation of all necessary steps to realise the high potential of solar thermal.