European Water Partnership (EWP)
The European Water Partnership, a Brussels based non-for profit organisation, unites and mobilizes people and stakeholders around a common water vision for Europe since 2006, developing policies, standards and sharing best practice to effectively address Europe’s water challenges by 2030.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- less than 1,000,000 €
European Water Partnership (EWP) was founded in 2006 as a non-profit organization, located in Brussels. The prime target of all activities and motivation of the European Water Partnership is to unite and stimulate people and stakeholders all over Europe to change their mindset and act in strong partnership for achieving water sustainability by solving Europe’s water challenges until 2030.
From a neutral and independent position, EWP acts as a catalyst for the development of European water policy and provides solutions for its implementation. EWP mediates and leads relevant European groups, diverse initiatives and solution-oriented projects. EWP offers an open and independent forum to discuss and drive innovative solutions for sustainable water management.
EWP is striving to achieve the Water Vision for Europe, developed with our partners in a multi-stakeholder process, which serves as a guideline for all our efforts in safeguarding Europe’s water resources for the future.
- The EWP mission is to initiate, support and enforce all actions and projects that will help to achieve the objectives of the Water Vision for Europe:
Water for a sustainable Europe - our vision for 2030
- “We have achieved sustainable water resource management and universal access to modern and safe water supply and sanitation because we value water in all its dimensions – in its economic, social, environmental and cultural importance.”
- Provide an open and independent forum to discuss innovative management, technological and financial solutions,
- Mobilise funding methods for water and develop new procurement approaches,
- Stimulate and support cooperation between members,
- Put water on the mainstream political and media agenda, improving awareness of the urgency of water challenges among policy makers and business,
- Promote the achievement of the Millenium Development Goals in the wider Europe and through an EU neighbourhood policy for water and the Horizon 2020 programme for the Mediterranean,
- Contribute Independently to the EU water-related initiatives,
- Promote technological and managerial innovation, developing projects to demonstrate innovative technologies and solutions, enabling these technologies to reach the market.
The Water Vision for Europe aspires to be a Vision for all people in Europe and around the globe. The Vision is formulated from a people’s perspective in a positive and proactive manner that seeks to encourage ownership by all.