EWD Consulting Corp.
EWD Consulting Corp. is a Canadian-owned company, operating out of Fort St. John, BC. We provide environmental and land management services to clients in upstream oil and gas, land development, mining, transportation and energy infrastructure industries serving Northeastern British Columbia. EWD’s in-house team of scientists, professionals, land agents and land administrators have diverse skill sets and extensive experience that creates cost-effective and environmentally sensitive in-house solutions for even the most complex problems. EWD Consulting Corp. is a joint venture company that is owned by Focus Corporation and EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd. This unique enterprise was specifically created to provide clients with an integrated end to end services model.EWD’s in-house talent, combined with our joint venture partner resources, creates a complete solution for our clients – taking your project from pre-survey to post-construction.
EBA, A Tetra Tech Company (EBA), is a values-based consulting engineering and sciences company offering innovative and practical engineering,environmental and transportation solutions for the mining, energy, transportation and development sectors. We are proud of our ability to create and deliver better solutions to our clients.
EBA's merger with Tetra Tech extends our capacity to every province and territory in Canada with over 3,500 employees and over 13,000 employees world wide.
EBA, A Tetra Tech Company, Corporate Commitment to Sustainability
At EBA, A Tetra Tech Company, the health of the environment is fundamental to the well-being of valued employees, the clients we serve, the communities in which we live and work, and future generations.
We believe that our sound Environmental Policy gives us a competitive edge and benefits our clients, shareholders, and staff by contributing to the overall well-being and economic health of the clients we serve. We continually strive to offer practical and innovative environmental solutions to our clients, and to integrate our environmental responsibilities into our operations, procurement practices, organizational culture, and the services we offer to our clients.
EBA is a long-term supporter of the local community, a characteristic embodied in one of our company’s Core Values: We Improve Our Community. In light of this, EBA has a 10-year commitment to work with Partners in the Horn of Africa to support Ethiopia rural aid projects. Through corporate aid, staff contributions, and on-the-ground participation, EBA has worked in several rural communities in Ethiopia, constructing new water wells, rebuilding and equipping village schools, and undertaking critical reforestation/ground stabilization projects. For many years, EBA has been a Gold and Platinum level corporate supporter of the United Way, and our staff also contributes at impressive levels.
Core ValuesWe have six core values that provide guiding principles for everyone at EBA. These core values help us work effectively together and with others to provide a better place to work, a better service to our clients, and support to the communities in which we work.
Our core values are:
- Our Reputation is Paramount
- We Believe in the Individual
- We Succeed as a Team
- We Each Take Ownership For What We Do
- We Innovate
- We Improve Our Communities
Traditional quality management systems tend to be separate from the work process. EBA uses ISO 9001:2008 as a source of ideas to reinforce the firm's processes but does not bend the firm to fit the standard. The results are quality practices that are integrated into our business, so that quality is intrinsic to our work processes.
EBA's quality practices help the firm in four main areas.
- Fulfill corporate responsibilities by ensuring the firm meets profit targets for shareholders, reducing the risk and liability of errors, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
Improve client loyalty by increasing the quality of our services.
Our quality practices help us to:
- Understand client expectations, to clearly define the scope of our work
- Improve our ability to meet project schedules
- Reduce the risk and consequences of errors
- Increase client confidence and loyalty
- Make better use of the firm's past experience and knowledge
- Improve the coordination and management of changes
- Improve the hand-offs and formal communication across departmental barriers
Provide staff with reliable processes to improve productivity and reduce factors that waste time, such as searching for the current information and records, reinventing methods, rework, and correcting errors. Improved efficiency also gives staff time to gain perspective on their work.
Fulfill individuals' professional responsibilities, for example under the APEGBC Code of Ethics and the Engineers and Geoscientists Act, the RPBio Code of Ethics, and the ASTTBC Code of Ethics.
The safety of employees is of paramount importance in the daily operation of our business. Accordingly, we operate with this safety philosophy in mind:
- The safety of each employee is vital to the successful conduct of our business.
- Risks can be avoided or controlled to prevent injuries.
- We must foster a safe work environment and ensure that work is performed safely.
- Each EBA employee must be responsible for working safely with an equal concern for the safety of coworkers and contractors.
- Safety excellence can only be achieved through the active participation of every employee from every area of the company.
- EBA believes that all injuries are preventable and that excellence in health and safety is the key to our long term success.
- EBA is committed to compliance with government agencies, regulations, and industry best practices and will use audits to monitor, measure, and improve our safety program.