Fabricated Plastics Limited
Fabricated Plastics is the Leader In Plastics through a continuing commitment to explore and test all new plastic materials, acquire state-of-the-art plastic processing equipment, sourcing of plastic commodities in the international marketplace and innovative engineering and utmost quality in manufacturing. Founded in 1962 and headquartered in Maple (Toronto) Canada,Fabricated Plastics is one of the Denali Companies which include, Ershigs Inc., CSI Containment Solutions Inc. and Belco Manufacturing Co., Inc. Fabricated Plastics Limited is a diverse plastics engineering, custom fabricator and marketing company serving customers around the world.
Manufacturing complex located on 6.4 acres (2.6 hectacres) of land and serviced by rail, truck, and nearby sea port. All Manufacturing Buildings have head room up to 32 feet (10 m) clear ceiling height. Multiple access doors on buildings with door widths of 24 to 35 feet (7.3 to 10.7 meters) including level and dock loading. Thermoplastic manufacturing is separated from Reinforced Plastics Manufacturing.
- 2 Manufacturing Plants totaling 100,000 square feet (9,200 square meters)
- Overhead cranes throughout all manufacturing bays with capacities of 5 tons to 20 tons (4,500 Kgs to 18,000 Kgs)
- Large capacity - Post Curing, Forming and Coating Industrial Ovens (5) and Spray Booth
- Underground Bulk Resin And Mixing Facility
- Vacuum Forming Facility with Head and Bottom tools 3 foot to 28.5 foot (1 meter to 8.7 meter) diameter
- Tank Mandrels 3 foot to 30 foot (1 meter to 9.1 meter) diameter with lengths up to 45 feet (13.7 meters)
- Pipe Mandrels 0.5 inch to 60 inch (12 mm to 1,500 mm) diameter with lengths up to 45 feet (13.7 meters)
- Multiple Computer controlled and Automated Tank and Pipe Winding Machines
- Computer Controlled Sheet fusion Machinery with capacity of 13 feet (4 meters) long and 2 inch (50 mm) thick Thermoplastic Sheets
- Computer Controlled Thermoplastic Sheet Bending Machines
- Computer Controlled Pipe fusion machines with Pipe size range of 0.5 inch to 39 inch (12 mm to 1,000 mm) diameter
- In house fully equipped Training/Classroom facility
- In house testing laboratory
- Tank Test stand for Hydrostatic testing tanks 3 foot to 16 foot ( 1 m to 4.8 m) diameter
- Manufacturing Work Force - 120 people
We custom fabricate from the following thermoplastics: PVC, CPVC, PP, PVDF, E-CTFE, PTFE, FEP, PFA, nylon, acrylic, polysulfone, polybutylene, polyurethane and PE.
In reinforced plastics we work with polyesters, epoxy and vinylester resins.
Our coatings/linings include FRP.
Our designers take your concepts and work them into detailed, fully engineered equipment. We hold technology in the field of pollution control to the most aggressive air streams and in Electrolyte cooling for zinc refineries. A process for roller coatings used in the steel industry is patented.
Fabricated Plastics manufacturing strength includes hand lay up, and filament winding from FRP, equipment up to 30 feet in diameter. Fusion of thermoplastics at Fabricated Plastics has created a new benchmark for the industry to meet.
Constant attention to quality on our shop floor with full time Quality Control Inspectors and back-up in our well equipped laboratory insures that rigorous manufacturing specifications are met and exceeded.
Personnel development in our program includes classroom tutorials and ongoing training in lamination techniques, welding theory for handwelding and fusion welding and material preparation procedures for bonding thermoplastics in our very important Armourplastic� (dual laminate) production.
By now you will have realized Fabricated Plastics is not a typical plastics fabricator.
In addition to offering a full capability of custom fabrication in all plastics, we are continuously upgrading our equipment and our processing knowledge.
We specialize in specifying plastics for those difficult corrosion, errosion and abrasion services. We pioneered the use of thermoplastics like PVC, CPVC, PP, PVDF, and FEP bonded to reinforced plastics to create a new family of materials called 'Armourplastics ' (dual laminates). Today Armourplastics offer a cost effective alternative to titanium and corroding stainless steel.
For severe chemical services we have developed and adapted fusion equipment to create superior corrosion resistance to thermoplastic welding stresses.
New filament winding techniques and use of sophisticated reinforcements like DuPont Kevlar and Carbon Fibre have created very strong, lightweight equipment.
New materials produced globally are constantly sourced and evaluated for use in fabricated process equipment.
Fabricated Plastics expertise is not solely limited to large complicated configuration equipment and does not overshadow our competitive processing of the smallest of equipment requirements.