IEP Technologies formed from four leading explosion protection companies in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany and Switzerland. We use our shared technologies, system design methodologies and application experience to produce active and passive explosion protection solutions for combustible dust and vapor threats anywhere in the world. We do this by designing the best protection solutions, manufacturing innovative explosion protection components; providing precise applications engineering; and supporting our customers with responsive sales/service professionals and programs such as our “You First” program which underscores the entire IEP Technologies organizations commitment to do whatever is necessary to ensure our customer’s satisfaction.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Health and Safety - Fire Safety
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
Since 1956, our company has been dedicated to enhancing safety in process industries. We operate under a simple principle that every employee – yours and ours – has the right to work in a safe environment. We want each employee to go home to their family every night in the same healthy condition in which they arrived at work. We are also focused on protecting our customer’s operations – including property, equipment and business continuity – against the threat of devastating explosions. We do this by offering innovative solutions to meet our customers’ needs anywhere in the world. Then we back those solutions with the highest quality systems, parts and services to maximize the value of your IEP Technologies investment.
IEP Technologies heritage can be traced back to the first application of industrial explosion protection in the early 1950s by Graviner Ltd.
Graviner recognized the value of the technology they had invented and how it could be applied in the protection of industrial processes against the threat of industrial gas and dust explosions. By 1959, Graviner systems had successfully mitigated some 35 industrial explosions.
Graviner licensed the technology to Fenwal in 1959. Both independently developed their technology, expanded their markets and grew their product lines to meet the demands of a global marketplace. In 2000, together with INCOM, they came together as trading entities of the Kidde Group. This gave them the unique opportunity to consolidate and focus their collective experience and resources as the world’s leading expert on industrial explosion protection.
IEP Technologies can point to thousands of IEP systems installed over the last 60 years together with the unmatched expertise of our scientists and engineers and a vast database of explosion protection test results and practical applications. We have led the way with a number of notable innovations:
- The establishment of a testing facility and calibrated test method for precise and repeatable results to be used in design verification;
- The evolution of computer-aided design for protection of vessels through determination of expected reduced explosion pressures for each vessel in a protected plant complex;
- The development of full scale explosion protection trials to validate design support tools;
- The use of full scale application design trials to provide data to quantify the reliability of system designs.
- The introduction of product innovations, such as a unique bimodal powder suppressant, a false activation immune dynamic pressure detector and multi-zone configurable control equipment;
- Advanced calculation tool for the design of connection protection – delivering clear guidance on the effective placement of isolation valves or chemical extinguishing barriers;
- Unique methodology for quantifying the performance (reliability) of explosion protection measures to improve system design robustness;
Today, IEP Technologies successfully suppresses 2 to 4 industrial explosions every month.