Friendly Environment is the manufacturer of SMARTfence and other storm water treatment products for the construction, environmental, waste management, oil and gas, and energy industries. Our products include SMARTfence super silt fence, which is revolutionizing the silt fence industry. Friendly Environment products also include the Erosion Eel and a mobile STORMWATER treatment system called the FlocBox. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A DISTRIBUTOR OF THE FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT PRODUCT LINE, CALL US AT (931) 639-0729.
Bring your construction into the 21st century with the SMARTfence family of innovative and sustainable erosion & sediment control products from FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
- Heavy-duty High-Tensile/High-Modulus woven geotextile sediment fence
- Replaces silt fence with wire and chain-link backing
- Requires no metal backing; easy installation
- Value engineering approach, providing a strong siltation fence equivalent in strength and stiffness to that of wire and chain-link backed sediment fencing for less cost, significantly lower carbon emissions during materials manufacturing, and less material waste produced at the end of the service life of the fence
- 100% American-Made product
The Erosion Eel:
- Rreplaces Rock Check Dams, Silt Socks, Silt Fence, and Wattles
- Sustainable, Reusable, made from Recyclable Materials
- Requires no trenching for installation
- No soil disturbance during installation
- Requires stacking only in conentrated flow areas
- When dewatering is needed on your next project we can help with our Floc Box along with our FlocMat
- The Floc Box is a mobile dewatering trailer. Using polymers and FlocMat filters, the Floc Box can replace dewatering bags
- FlocMat is jute material that has been impregnated with polymers.
Friendly Environment is dedicated to making quality erosion and sediment control devices.
Friendly Environment was established in 2006 and specializes in pollution controls that are highly effective and environmentally sustainable. Friendly Environment prides itself on its commitment to excellence in product research and development, performing an exhaustive array of testing during product development. The company is headquartered in Shelbyville, Tennessee, which is 60 miles southeast of Nashville.
The founder and owner of Friendly Environment is Denny Hastings. Mr. Hastings is an entrepreneur and owns several businesses in the Murfreesboro and Shelbyville, Tennessee areas. Mr. Hastings recently received the Jerry Anderson Humanitarian Award. He is also a homebuilder in the middle Tennessee area and was responsible for developing the company’s first product, the Erosion Eel. The idea was born out of the constant frustrations of installing and maintaining silt fence at his construction sites.
Mr. Hastings developed an innovative and alternative product to use at his home construction sites that is easy to install, easy to maintain, easy to move, and is reusable from site to site. From this effort, the Erosion Eel concept was created. The Eel, along with other Friendly Environment products, is now available for purchase across North America and Europe.