Fugro EMU Limited
Fugro EMU Limited is now the largest commercial marine environmental services organisation in the UK, employing approximately 220 members of staff with in-depth knowledge of Renewables, Oil and Gas, Aggregates, Ports and Harbours, Cables and Pipelines, Leisure, Public Sector and water industries. Fugro EMU is a marine environmental consultancy, survey and laboratory testing specialist, providing worldwide services in support of infrastructure planning, consenting and development, environmental protection and resource management in coastal, marine and estuarine environments. Clients are able to draw upon a unique capability to combine marine planning, project management, data acquisition, survey, analysis and consultancy services. These diverse capabilities are available to a global client base either as a single source or as a complete project management solution.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Consulting firm
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
As part of the Fugro Group, Fugro EMU delivers a comprehensive solution to all of our clients, integrating Environmental Consultancy, Geophysical, Hydrographic and MetOcean survey and analysis coupled with Fugro’s other earth science services.
Fugro EMU Limited is committed to provide for the Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare for all employees, customers and others that may be affected by the company’s activities. This includes our commitment to prevent injury and ill health and to comply with health and safety legal requirements as a minimum standard. However, Fugro EMU’s aim, where practicable, is to achieve standards above the minimum requirements.
The Fugro EMU Occupational Health and Safety management system is based on the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, subordinate legislation and the HSE's guide to Successful Health and Safety Management (HSG65). Fugro EMU is also committed to compliance with the legislative requirements of all countries where it operates.
- Providing and maintaining safe plant, equipment, services and systems of work
- Arranging for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances
- Providing such information, instruction, training and supervision to enable all employees, contractors, customers or others to avoid hazards and contribute positively to health and safety at work
- Providing and maintaining a safe place of work, including access and egress
- Providing and maintaining a healthy working environment
- Ensuring that other persons, including the public, are not exposed to risks to their health and safety, which results from the company’s activities
- Maintaining satisfactory arrangements for the participation of their employees in the development of measures for promoting health, safety and welfare at work
The company is committed to utilising methodology that will support a process of continuous improvement and lead to an enhancement of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System. Further, as part of this process, the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Management System Manual is reviewed annually or as required in response to changing circumstances.
Fugro EMU Limited is committed to minimise the adverse environmental impacts resulting from the Company’s activities. This includes our commitment to prevent pollution wherever possible, and to comply with environmental legal requirements as a minimum standard. However, Fugro EMU’s aim, where practicable, is to achieve standards above the minimum requirements.
The Fugro EMU Environmental Management System underlines the company’s fundamental belief in the importance of environmental issues and to minimise environmental impacts by working towards:
- Ensuring all operations are carried out in an environmentally and ecologically sensitive manner
- The prevention of environmental pollution and degradation during all work activities
- Where possible purchasing recyclable / reusable / sustainable sourced goods from environmentally and quality assured suppliers. When necessary Fugro EMU will make requests to suppliers for details of materials, toxic / potentially harmful substances, harmful processes and a copy of their Environmental Policy
- Reducing waste at source by preventing unnecessary use and limiting the amount generated. Where this is not practicable we will endeavour to ensure waste will be reused or recycled
- Managing the consumption of energy in an efficient manner, with particular regard to the economical use of energy in order to reduce running costs and emissions
The Company is committed to utilising methodology that will support a process of continuous improvement and lead to an enhancement of the Environmental Management System. Environmental objectives and targets shall be set and reviewed on an annual basis in order to aid this process. Further, as part of this process, the Company’s Environmental Policy Statement, Environmental Management System Manual and all associated documents are reviewed annually or as required in response to changing circumstances.
Fugro EMU Limited’s commitment to high standards is demonstrated by our Quality Management System which is accredited by BSi in compliance with the requirements of BS EN ISO9001:2008 and is accredited by UKAS in compliance with the requirements of ISO17025:2005. Participation in these and other quality schemes ensures the quality of our marine consultancy and analytical services. Fugro EMU has been accredited for over 15 years and has established excellent quality systems which underpin all Fugro EMU services.
Fugro EMU’s Quality Assurance commitments include:
- Quality Management System
- Client Feedback
- External Quality Control Schemes
Quality Management Systems
Fugro EMU Limited’s Quality Policy and additional procedures that support the Quality Management System are documented in the companies Quality Manual.
- BS EN ISO 9001:2008
Fugro EMU operates a Quality Management System that meets the requirements of the International Standard BS EN ISO 9001:2008. We apply this standard as an integral part of all our business activities to ensure we meet the needs of our customers and continually improve our services.
Fugro EMU Limited own and operate a fleet of survey and research vessels, in addition to a portfolio of regularly chartered vessels we utilise in order to fulfil our clients’ requirements. As a Fugro company, Fugro EMU are additionally able to access the worldwide resources of the group. Fugro EMU are experienced in operating vessels in intertidal, nearshore and offshore environments.
Through our experience of operating numerous survey vessels, Fugro EMU are now having bespoke survey vessels built, the first of these, the Fugro Seeker, will be online this season.