GBK Partnership, LLC
The GBK Partnership, LLC was founded in 1993 by three faculty members of University of Oklahoma initially to provide training and technology services through the University`s Institute for Environmental Management. Since then, driven by leaders with bold vision and a strong entrepreneurial spirit, the company has completed over 450 federal contracts, and provided its services in 16 countries. Even with our extensive project history, GBK remains a privately-owned, small business. Our core values, not necessarily growth, drive our strategic planning: transparency in decision-making, personal responsibility and accountability, and leadership by example. GBK supports organizations around the world in conforming to prevailing international standards by providing gap analysis, implementation planning, impacts analysis and significance testing, cross-functional-team (CFT) coaching, training, and auditing.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Training provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
Despite the continued economic downturn, environmental regulatory requirements have not eased off. Nor has our customers commitment to improving environmental performance and working towards sustainability targets Throughout 2012 GBK, with its partners, has helped many of its established clients with their EHS programming:
- 40CFR112 SPCC/ISCP updates and mapping
- Invasive species identification, eradication and mapping
- Environmental Officer training at US Army garrisons in Germany (Vilseck, Ansbach and Wiebaden) , Italy (Livorno, Vicenza) and Belgium (Chievres)
- Update of our expansive online environmental compliance provided across all US Army Europe garrisons
- Development of United Nations 'GHS Classification and Labelling' training protocols in response to the recent OSHA Final Rule
- Continued EPA, OSHA, DOT compliance training across the U.S.
- Development of online Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) training fro the US Army Corps of Engineers
And as Executive Order target deadlines approach we continue to provide planning support and assistance to our federal customers.
Increase in HAZWOPER Training Demand
After an apparent lull in demand GBK is being approached by a number of organizations to provide HAZWOPER training. We have recently completed a HAZWOPER training event for the VA Hospital in Oklahoma City, and are scheduled for a number of refresher trainings to recert on a number of 40hr certifications. GBK plans to hold a promoted HAZWOPER training class in the first half of next year in the Oklahoma City area.