GEA is one of the largest suppliers of process technology for the food industry and a wide range of other industries. The international technology group focuses on process technology and components for sophisticated production processes in various end-user markets. In 2016, GEA generated consolidated revenues of about EUR 4.5 billion. The food and beverages sector, which is a long-term growth industry, accounted for around 70 percent. As of December 31, 2016, the group employed about 17,000 people worldwide.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air and Climate
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Over 1000
GEA Convenience-Food Technologies (CFS) is part of the GEA Group and indeed one of the most multifaceted suppliers of secondary food processing and packaging equipment in the world: the latest addition to GEA CFS manufacturing machines for the preparation, marination, further processing, slicing and packaging of meat, poultry, fish, seafood, cheese and other foods such as sugar-based products and vegetables. The extensive product range covers everything from individual, stand-alone machines to complete processing lines. Our overriding objective is to improve customers’ operational and financial performance in terms of productivity, yield, quality and cost-effectiveness. We do this by providing reliable and robust solutions that have a positive and measurable impact on our customers’ businesses.
GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft is one of the largest system providers for food and energy processes with about EUR 5.4 billion in 2011 revenue.
As an internationally operating technology group, the company focuses on process technology and components for demanding production processes in various end markets. The group generates about 70 percent of its revenue from the long-term growing food and energy industries.
The company's workforce comprised over 23,000 employees worldwide as of December 31, 2011. GEA Group is a market and technology leader in its business areas.
The GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft
GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft is one of the largest suppliers for the food processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. As an international technology group, the Company focuses on process technology and components for sophisticated production processes.
In 2013, GEA generated consolidated revenues in excess of EUR 4.3 billion, more than 70 percent of which came from the food sector, which is a long-term growth industry.
The group employed about 18,000 people worldwide as of December 31, 2013. GEA Group is a market and technology leader in its business areas.
The company is listed in Germany’s MDAX stock index (G1A, WKN 660 200) and the STOXX® Europe 600 Index. In addition GEA Group has a sponsored level I ADR program in the USA.
The businesses of the GEA Group is grouped into four segments. The structure provides a clear alignment of technologies and applications within the group
The four cornerstones of GEA Group strategy:
Market leadership and focus.
- Leading position in each of the sales markets worldwide.
- Concentration on core competencies and core technologies.
Technology leadership through innovation.
- Technological leader in the most important markets.
- Differentiation from competitors based on technological advantage.
Strong focus on bottom line.
- Decentralized organizational structure with global responsibility in each division.
- Cost leadership through rigorous cost management.
- Stability through diversification within core activities across sectors and regions.
- Thorough assessment of project risks.
GEA is one of the largest suppliers of process technology for the food industry and a wide range of other industries. The international technology group focuses on process technology and components for sophisticated production processes in various end-user markets.
In 2016, GEA generated consolidated revenues of about EUR 4.5 billion. The food and beverages sector, which is a long-term growth industry, accounted for around 70 percent. As of December 31, 2016, the group employed about 17,000 people worldwide.
GEA is a market and technology leader in its business areas. The company is listed on the German MDAX stock index (G1A, WKN 660 200) and included in the STOXX® Europe 600 Index. In addition, the company is listed in selected MSCI Global Sustainability Indexes.
GEA – that’s all of us!
GEA Vision and GEA Values represent the cornerstones of our management philosophy. They are a crucial element of a common GEA identity. We will hold all of us to these standards. A clear Vision and explicit Values are the foundation of our success as technology and market leader.
GEA will always effect change so that it can continue to build on excellence. We eliminate legacies; we strive for service; we push for innovation; we reduce complexity; we streamline our structures; we acquire new businesses; we work across segments and sites; we maintain a true competitive edge within our global business environment. Our Vision and Values will guide us in a common endeavor to grow and to create value for all our stakeholders.
GEA provides the world with innovative solutions for smart food processing and for a more efficient use of energy resources. GEA is a global engineering group recognized for its excellent technologies, its dedication to provide best solutions to its customers, and its management principles.
Our vision means:
- We want to be known by our customers for providing innovative solutions that help them be even more successful
- We are the place where passionate employees have room for creativity and entrepreneurship to make our Group unique
- We will focus on businesses and markets where we will be leaders
- We will remain the architects of our future Group through our continued success
- At GEA, we stand for excellence in everything we do
- We help our customers become the best in class
- We foster creativity and innovation
- We strive to constantly improve our technology as well as our professional skills
- At GEA, we work with passion without obsession
- We do our jobs with enthusiasm
- We are proud of what we achieve together
- We balance our customers’, our colleagues’, our own, and our investors’ needs
- At GEA, we walk our talk
- We treat each other and our partners with trust, fairness, and respect
- We honor our commitments and stand up for our beliefs
- We speak with one voice internally and externally
- At GEA, we feel responsible for our actions
- We take care in all we do and are aware of possible outcomes and consequences
- We take decisions and make results known
- We share information openly in the interest of GEA
- At GEA, we cross borders
- We respect other opinions and discuss them openly
- We support teamwork and the mutual exchange of knowledge and people regardless of borders, cultures, genders, Segments, and levels