The Genesys group of companies develops and manufactures speciality reverse osmosis (RO) membrane chemicals, antiscalants, cleaners, flocculants and biocides. Our market-leading products are distributed by a growing network of international distributors, selected for their expertise in the chemical and membrane industries. Genesys chemicals are developed, tested and manufactured at our UK production facility. Our research and development team works closely with membrane manufacturers to ensure product compatibility. We also have a laboratory dedicated to membrane testing in Madrid, Spain, where we carry out membrane autopsies, water analysis and performance and cleaning tests for our international customers. We now have over 40 distributors worldwide, covering Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North and South America.
What makes Genesys
The story so far...
Genesys International Ltd was founded in June 2001 by Ted Darton and Ursula Annunziata. Both were already well known in the chemical and membrane industries for their involvement in establishing Houseman's PermaCare reverse osmosis (RO) brand.
The Genesys family started with a joint venture with Genesys Membrane Products in Spain, where a membrane autopsy and research laboratory was already established. The company continues to grow in response to increasing demand for our products and services. We now have over 40 distributors worldwide, covering Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North and South America.
We manufacture our own range of speciality RO membrane chemicals at our new facility in Cheshire, UK. These include antiscalants, flocculants, biocides and cleaning chemicals.
We're constantly carrying out pioneering research, to come up with the best possible formulations and techniques. Recent innovations have included
- a unique cleaner - Genesol 703 - that removes clay and biofilm
- a high performing calcium phosphate antiscalant for use in waste water RO plants
- and a new product designed specifically to inhibit magnesium hydroxide precipitation.
We specialise in producing chemicals that allow reverse osmosis (RO) plants to operate efficiently in areas where feed waters are challenging. This might include high levels of silica, phosphate or sulphate. We've also developed products that take into account the different size and configuration of membrane plants.
- Most recently on 4 April 2014, we attended a presentation ceremony to collect the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Award for Innovation.
- The WEX Water and Energy Exchange conference in Madrid February, 2014, Genairclean won an award for innovation.
- Aquatech Amsterdam in November 2013, Genairclean won an award for innovation.
- Queen's Award for Enterprise in International Trade, awarded to Genesys International in 2011
- East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Exporter of the Year award, 2010 and 2011
- Queen's Award for Enterprise in Export, awarded to Genesys International in 2005
- ISO 9001:2000 quality administration certificate, awarded to Genesys International in 2002
- ISO 9001 for water treatment chemical supply and reverse osmosis membrane autopsy services, awarded to Genesys Membrane Products in 2003
Genesys Manufacturing Limited was established in 2007 in Winsford, Cheshire, to optimise our chemical manufacturing and quality control. Due to rapid international growth we moved to our current, larger factory in Middlewich in 2009.
All Genesys products are manufactured here in the UK to ISO 9001 quality standard. Our new manufacturing facility includes large liquid and powder blending vessels and a quality control laboratory to support the production process. Our senior research chemist, Max Fazel, oversees production testing and the research and development of new products.
We test all our chemicals for compatibility with different manufacturers‘ membranes. Our products have also been granted NFS (National Food Safety, US) and DWI (Drinking Water Inspectorate, UK) approval for use in producing safe drinking water.
We operate a strict health and safety management system and comply with all the REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation & restriction of CHemicals) safety requirements. We're always looking for ways to improve our working practices. For example we've recently installed a specially designed ramp to facilitate safe and efficient loading of full container loads, which now account for over half our product deliveries.