What was to become Global Fire Equipment was started by João Paulo Ajami in Denmark in the spring of 1994 and went through a series of mutations in the quest to become a world player in the development and manufacture of leading edge fire alarm equipment. At the end of 2007, the company became a Public Listed Company, with fully audited accounts and having three main Shareholders: João Paulo Ajami, Luis Magalhães and Pedro Coutinho, respectively Commercial, Production and Financial Directors. With a team of R&D engineers with capabilities ranging from electronic hardware creation to plastic and metal parts design, we re able to implement OEM solutions tailored to the needs of our customer base which is spread across 75 countries in all Continents.
Presently, Global Fire Equipment S.A. is a leading player in the fire detection equipment market, with both addressable analogue and conventional ranges of fire alarm control panels and ancillary devices.
Global Fire Equipment S.A. warrants our product range as follows:
- Conventional and addressable smoke/ heat/ combined detectors for a period of three years (36 months) from date of purchase. This period is limited to 42 months commencing from the date of manufacture on the serial number of each detector.
- Lifetime warranty for the remainder of products developed and manufactured by GFE.
Our warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship in our hardware products. This limited warranty does not cover problems that result from:
- External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power.
- Servicing not authorized by us.
- Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions.
- Failure to follow the product instructions or failure to perform preventive maintenance.
- Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by us.
- Products with missing or altered service tags or serial numbers.
- Products for which we have not received payment.
We will repair any hardware products returned to us that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. If we are not able to repair the product, we will replace it with a comparable product that is new or refurbished.
You must return the products to us in their original or equivalent packaging, prepay shipping charges, and insure the shipment or accept the risk if the product is lost or damaged in shipment. We will return the repaired or replacement products to you. We will pay to ship the repaired or replaced products to you, if defects are under warranty and all above conditions have been met. Otherwise shipment will be at your own expense.
If we determine that the problem is not covered under this warranty, we will notify you and inform you of service alternatives that are available to you on a fee basis.