HFP Acoustical Consultants Corp.
HFP has successfully completed more than 2,800 acoustical engineering projects for clients all over North America and the world. HFP has offices in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and Houston, Texas, USA. HFP Acoustical Consultants provides acoustical consulting services for major industrial and architectural clients.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
HFP takes pride in our extensive project experience and our acoustical expertise. We develop technical solutions to enhance the acoustical environment for our clients’ facilities. As a respected independent consulting firm, HFP is an experienced industry leader, proven by our diversity of successful projects completed for our valued clients. HFP forges long-term, trusting client relationships.
The educational market is one of utmost significance in the AV industry because the best AV designs give great functionality to customers who oftentimes have slim budgets. The AV systems in auditoriums and athletic complexes have several requirements:
Speech Intelligibility – Spoken words need to be clearly understood, so the AV design must take into account the room acoustics. HFP is expert at modeling every type of space to find the optimum loudspeaker types and locations for the highest speech intelligibility.
Feature Set – The educational market is pushing the envelope on performances in auditoriums. High schools and colleges are taking the same creative license as professionals, but AV systems can easily be a limiting factor. Educational AV systems must be fully featured, configurable, and expandable to suit the needs of the school and to serve as training grounds for the students who run them.
Reliability – Educational institutions often operate AV systems as long as the equipment will allow. Designing reliable and robust AV systems is a priority for HFP, regardless of the market. Further, HFP stays current on new and future products to fill our clients’ needs. We design for the future.
The hospitality market is highly customizable but has a constant need for cost effectiveness. As hotels and convention centers grow in size, so too, grows the number of AV components and the cabling and labor necessary to implement the AV design. HFP is constantly using techniques to consolidate electronic signals into fewer cables and searching for the product that performs the functions of several. These efforts combine to yield a “lean” system cost to the owner and a more simplified, error-proof installation by the AV contractor.
HFP designs all components of a hospitality AV system:
- Auditorium / ballroom main audio video system with distributed audio that can be divided to create smaller subsystems for partitioned spaces.
- Media distribution across public areas including television streaming and digital signage with custom video overlays.
- Comprehensive “matrix-style” routing of audio, video, and control signals from any floor box or wall box input to any output or a multiple of outputs. This allows for more flexible operation of meeting rooms and ballrooms, and provides connection points for television production trucks that sit outside of the hotel during events.
- Consolidation of multiple AV signal types on a fiber optic “backbone” for large scale projects. This allows for cost effective signal transport with reduced copper cabling and metal conduit.
Corporate spaces typically have multiple uses and have to handle many media types for presentations. Therefore, they require a full feature set. Board Rooms may host a teleconference or video conference utilizing a high speed network connection and the latest signal transmission codecs. They could also provide for presentations involving large displays or projectors, a distributed audio system, and the ability to stream local video or other formats over the network. Additionally, larger clients have the need to conduct electronic voting during board meetings, and this must be integrated into the AV system.
HFP designs AV systems for every type of corporate space including:
- Meeting rooms and training rooms
- Fully automated high profile board rooms
- State of the art visualization suites for oil exploration, etc.
- Mock courtrooms with electronic evidence capability
- Common areas with electronic way finding, scheduling, and paging
Houses of worship have changed to fit the needs of their congregants. Some sanctuaries have grown to seat 1000 people or more, and virtually all have incorporated an increasing amount of technology into their worship services. HFP is an authority on modern worship AV design, with completed projects and budgets ranging from large to small. We provide a turnkey solution including meeting with the owner to determine their needs, creating a full audio visual control design using 3-D computer modeling to determine speaker locations, and conducting and analyzing bids from the most competent contractors. The advantage of using our consulting expertise is obvious as soon as the owner witnesses their new AV system and is reinforced the more the AV system is used over time.