Founded in 1951, the company originally focused on manufacturing industrial clutches. In the 1960s, Horton applied its clutch expertise to the cooling of on-highway and off-highway vehicles. Later, Horton convinced truck manufacturers that they could save fuel during the U.S. energy crisis of the 1970s by installing engine cooling fan drives on their vehicles. By the 1980s, Horton fan drives were standard equipment for major truck OEMs. Horton continues to be a pioneer in the on- and off-highway industries by providing the latest technology, the highest quality and the most dependable products available.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Manufacturing, Other
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
You will find Horton’s engine cooling solutions around the globe…on heavy-, medium- and light-duty trucks…on motor coaches and buses…on construction, agricultural and mining equipment…and on generators and industrial compressors. Almost any place you find engines with optimized cooling systems, you will find Horton.
Horton is a global company. Following expansions in Australia, Europe and Mexico, it expanded to Asia. It has sales offices in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Germany and representatives in Russia, Korea, China, Japan, India, Australia, Tunisia, Brazil and the United Kingdom. We’re willing to go where you need us, to help you develop engine cooling solutions that are right for you and your application.
Horton has long been an advocate of the environment. In fact, it is proud that the products it manufactures help reduce fuel consumption and noise. Horton is continually improving its products, manufacturing and facilities to remove waste, prevent pollution and protect natural resources.
Provide increasingly efficient engine cooling and airflow solutions to serve our customers and the environment.
Grow the value of the Horton Brand globally:
- Partner with industry-leading customers;
- Deliver innovative technology and services through comprehensive system solutions;
- Establish a presence in key on- and off-highway markets in all regions;
- Create a preferred working environment by investing in our people;
To ensure an enduring company.
- Our customers come first
- Our people make the difference
- Quality by everyone, everywhere, every day
- Legal and ethical conduct in all we do
- Innovative products are our foundation
Deliver premium, innovative engine cooling air management components and systems to key global partners by supporting their regional requirements.
Horton is dedicated to continuous quality improvement, as a company and as individuals, to meet and exceed all customer requirements on time, every time.
Founded in 1951, the company focused on manufacturing industrial clutches through its early years. In the 1960s, Horton applied its expertise to fan clutches for cooling diesel engine trucks and off-highway vehicles. During the U.S. energy crisis in the 1970s, Horton convinced truck manufacturers that they could save fuel by running fan clutches on vehicles only when the engine required cooling. By the late 1980s, Horton fan drives became standard equipment for major truck manufacturers. During the last decade, Horton released a variety of premium fan drives, fans, valves and repair kits. In 2002, Horton entered the viscous fan drive market through acquisition. An additional acquisition in 2004 has fostered expansion of the WindMaster line of fans to include metal, plastic and composite fans. Horton continues to provide the latest technology, the highest quality, and the most dependable products available.
Horton's full line of products include:
- DM Advantage On/Off, Two-Speed and Reman Fan Drives
- DriveMaster On/Off, Two-Speed and Reman Fan Drives
- DriveMaster Repair Kits
- DriveMaster PolarExtreme Spring-Engaged Fan Drives and Repair Kits
- Stratis Viscous Fan Drives
- VMaster Viscous Air-Sensing Fan Drives
- VMaster Viscous Directly Controlled Fan Drives
- WindMaster Plastic, Metal and Composite Standard Fans
- WindMaster Plastic Ring Fans
- WindMaster Revolution High-efficiency, Hybrid-flow Fans
- WindShift Modular Fans
- Shogun Modular Fans
- HT/S Advantage Air-Engaged Fan Drives
- Advantage Reman Fan Drives and Genuine Horton Repair Kits
- HT/S PolarExtreme Reman Fan Drives and HT/S or S Repair Kits
- EC450 and EC600 Electromagnetic Fan Drives
- MSC2 Multispeed Fan Drives
- Klondike Series Replacement Fan Clutches For Kyor K26RA and K22RA and Repair Kits For Kysor K26RA, K22RA and K22FA
- HG300 Solenoid Valves
- Roller Bushings Suspension Products
In its early years, Horton focused on manufacturing industrial clutches for industrial use. In the 1960s, it applied the technology to cooling diesel engine trucks and off-highway vehicles. Concern over fuel costs and noise in the 1970s led to Horton advancements in fan drive technology and then later (1980s), adoption of related cooling systems by major on-highway truck manufacturers. These included Peterbilt, Kenworth, Freightliner and Navistar. Today, Horton is the leader in engine-cooling technology and also offers a complete line of metal, molded and modular fans. To see other company and industry milestones, see the timeline below.