Since powerPerfector introduced Voltage Power Optimisation to the UK, the company has been at the forefront of the voltage optimisation market. Our technology is trusted by some of the biggest names in energy and climate change. They include the energy regulator (Ofgem), the government’s climate change department (DECC), the UK’s main electricity distributor (National Grid), the UK’s biggest retailer (Tesco), the UK’s environmental guardians (Environment Agency), as well as 160 local authorities and 20 government agencies.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Energy - Power Distribution
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
The powerPerfector story began in 2000 when the first unit was installed at a Tesco’s store in Thornton-Cleveleys. We’ve since grown to become the UK’s fastest growing ‘green’ company in 2011.
Since 2000, when powerPerfector introduced Voltage Power Optimisation (VPO) to the UK, the company has been at the forefront of the voltage optimisation market.
Our technology is trusted by some of the biggest names in energy and climate change. They include the energy regulator (Ofgem), the government’s climate change department (DECC), the UK’s main electricity distributor (National Grid), the UK’s biggest retailer (Tesco), the UK’s environmental guardians (Environment Agency), as well as 160 local authorities and 20 government agencies.
powerPerfector strives to lead the energy efficiency and voltage optimisation agenda with our core values of integrity, professionalism, transparency and respect. We believe these values will drive our industry to a higher standard and lead to a healthy openness and understanding whereby customers are not mis-sold products and can be confident of their decisions.
Not only are powerPerfector’s energy savings exemplary, we also lead the industry in terms of standards. Our internal culture is one of innovation and exemplary service.
We pride ourselves on the way we do business. Our core values of transparency, integrity, professionalism and respect are integral to how we train our people and are ingrained in the way we service our clients.
This is reflected in the number of third party testimonials we have received.
All of our energy saving reports are produced by independent experts who specialise in analysis using the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP).
IPMVP is the most widely used and recognised measurement and verification protocol in the world. Because we use IPMVP as the method by which all of our client savings are measured, it means that our savings are real and auditable.
We are the only ‘green tech’ company that voluntarily has all of its projects independently evaluated to this international standard.
We introduced a guarantee on the savings our VPO technology will achieve, which removes any risk for clients.
One of the proudest examples of our industry leading standards came in February 2010 when we became one of the first companies in the country to be awarded with the new BSI energy management standard ‐ BS EN 16001.
This standard demonstrates that the company is employing the very best practice to cut energy costs and reduce carbon emissions. We also achieved ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 status too and our entire team embraces PRINCE2 as a minimum standard for Project Management.
Reducing emissions at home and at work is necessary if we are to tackle climate change effectively. We are committed to cutting carbon for our clients and within our own offices.
At powerPerfector we recognise that the biggest contribution we can make to the sustainability agenda is to share best practice and implement our energy efficiency technology within UK workplaces.
At the same time we also endeavour to continually reduce the environmental impacts of our own organisation.
At powerPerfector we have implemented the following measures:
- ISO14001 and BSEN16001 accredited environment and energy management systems
- Manufacturing moved to the UK has reduced embedded carbon within our units by 17%
- powerPerfector VPO technology implemented in our HQ
- High efficiency fluorescent or LED lighting throughout our HQ
- 100% renewable energy contract with Good Energy at our HQ
- Centralised recycling system – over 60% of our waste is recycled
- powerPerfector Green Week 2011 raised awareness amongst staff and we achieved a 6.3% reduction in energy use
- Replaced HVAC equipment with a new high efficiency system with central control and associated space temperature policy
- Xcelerator hand dryers implemented to replace paper hand towels
- Using milk bags rather than bottles reduces plastic waste from this stream by around 75%
- Committed to 10:10 and part of the Princes Mayday network
- Support for the cycle scheme and expenses for cycle mileage for work travel – around 15% of employees regularly cycle to work, and some cycle to meetings!