In-Situ Inc. designs, manufactures and rents water quantity and quality instrumentation for groundwater, surface water and coastal waters. Known for innovating top-quality water monitoring equipment, the company also provides a full-solution offering for decision-quality data via best-in-class mobile and cloud software and telemetry. For nearly 40 years, In-Situ products have provided accurate results and reliable operation in harsh monitoring conditions. Applications include aquifer characterization, mining, oil/gas, remediation, aquaculture, and more. In-Situ, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO, U.S., offers world-class technical support 24/7 through a global network of regional offices and distributors.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Over 40 years of Water Monitoring Innovations
In 1976, Chester McKee fulfilled a lifelong dream and founded In-Situ from the basement of his Laramie, Wyoming home. Now residing in a modern manufacturing facility in Fort Collins, CO, In-Situ has become an international company with over 130 employees that specializes in the design, manufacture, and worldwide sale of scientific equipment for the environmental, aquaculture, and industrial water-monitoring markets.
Throughout the years, In-Situ has become known for innovation, quality, and customer service. In 1984, the HERMIT® (Hydrologic, Environmental, Remediation and Monitoring InstrumenT) was the first datalogger in the industry to combine field-ruggedness with ease-of-use and high accuracy for pumping tests and long-term monitoring. It led to the development of the HERMIT 2000 and 3000 dataloggers. In 1989, In-Situ introduced the world’s first in-well water-level data logger. The TROLL® 4000, released in 1995, was the company’s first all-in-one datalogger/transducer/temperature sensor and became the industry standard for a complete, self-contained, long-term monitoring solution for groundwater.The name TROLL was chosen because like a HERMIT, it lives for long periods of isolation in the environment.
During the early years at In-Situ, much of the business stemmed from consulting and sales of monitoring equipment to the in-situ uranium mining industry. After the mining industry fell on hard times, In-Situ began selling its instruments to companies that were cleaning up hazardous waste sites. Throughout this early period, the company developed the practice of working closely with its customers. It is a practice that continues to the present day and is key to designing products that efficiently solve real-world problems. Today, In-Situ offers instruments that monitor groundwater, surface water, and coastal waters. Applications include aquaculture, mining, flood warning, stormwater monitoring, and more. Future product lines will continue to meet the ever-changing needs of our loyal and valued customers.
- Sustainability: Environmental Stewardship and giving back to our community in tangible ways
- Partnership: Teamwork and cooperation with our internal and external customers, vendors and oth stakeholders
- Accountability: Setting clear goals and expectations of achieving those goals
- Innovation: Thoughtful analysis and application of information to problems, decisions, and solutions
- Passion: Believing what we are doing and making a difference in the world
- Employee Excellence: We value all of our employees, encouraging their curiosity, constant learning while rewarding meaningful contribution
“Monitor and Protect the World’s Environmental Resources through Innovative Technologies… helping to ensure increasingly precious resources are available for generations to come”.
- Water monitoring equipment for mining - Mining
- Water monitoring equipment for remediation - Water and Wastewater - Water Treatment
- By design, In-Situ equipment works together - Monitoring and Testing - Soil and Groundwater Monitoring
- Water monitoring equipment for the stormwater industry - Water and Wastewater - Stormwater
- Water monitoring equipment for municipal water management - Water and Wastewater
- Water monitoring equipment for HAB monitoring - Water and Wastewater - Water Monitoring and Testing
- Water monitoring equipment for aquifer characterization industry - Monitoring and Testing
- Water monitoring equipment for agriculture industry
Wastewater monitoring in refugee camp guides short and long-term planningAuthor: In-Situ
Overview Wastewater monitoring in a UNHCR camp for Syrian refugees helps the relief agency meet current needs and plan for the future.Challenge Located in Iraq, 60 kilometers from the Syrian border, ...
Introducing the Aqua TROLL 600 Water Quality Platform
In-Situ® Inc. announced today the newest advancement in state-of-the-art water monitoring technology – the Aqua TROLL® 600 Multiparameter Sonde, with field access through the VuSitu™ Mobile App for Android™. Rugged in groundwater and corrosion-resistant in surface water, the Aqua TROLL 600 delivers accurate data in an easy-to-use, customizable instrument. Features include a quick-read LCD status screen for visual indicators of overall readiness, battery life, internal log, and sensor...
Effects of Intraborehole FlowsAuthor: Peter Dumble
Two new research papers published in 2019, by an Australian research group led by David Poulsen, build on earlier work by McMillan et al (2014) and others in improving our understanding of the depth origin of water samples collected from long-screened and open boreholes. Background When sampling groundwater wells and open boreholes, many practitioners think no further than using sampling guidance, which is generally only suitable for use in short-screened monitoring wells (i.e., three times well volumes, low...
- Improve Landfill Design with Continuous Water Level Monitoring - Application Note
- Edwards Aquifer Authority Uses Aqua TROLL 200 Instruments to Aid Research Efforts - Application Note
- Mining Operations Optimize Dewatering Processes - Application Note
- Pond Operations Save Money by Automating Oxygen Measurement and Aerator Control - Application Note
- Successful Remediation Pilot Study Uses TROLL® 9500 Instrument for Real-Time Monitoring - Application Note
- Remediation Site Uses Innovative Pump-and-Treat System for Real-Time Control and Data Collection - Application Note
- Real-Time Conductivity Monitoring Provides Estimates of Chloride Levels in Minnesota Watershed - Application Note
- Aqua TROLL Instrument Tracks Saltwater Intrusion and Provides Real-Time Data and Event Notification - Application note
- Stormwater Outfall Study in North Carolina Assesses Impacts of Discharge to Coastal Ecosystem - Application Note
- Discrete Water Quality Probes Improve Understanding of Surface Water Conditions While Saving Time and Money - Application Note
- Aqua TROLL ® 200 Conductivity Accuracy - Technical Note
- Aqua TROLL 200 Conductivity Calibration Check - Tech Note
- Aqua TROLL® 200 Measurement Methodology - Tech Note
- Southern California Meets Water Demands and Controls Saltwater Intrusion - Application Note
- Florida Utility Uses Aqua TROLL ® 200 Instruments to Monitor Aquifer Storage and Recovery System - Application Note
- Ethanol Production Plant Monitors Impacts to Water Supply and Stays in Compliance - Application Note
- California Groundwater Management Program Serves 4 Million and Relies on Innovative Technologies - Application Note
- Cave Researchers Descend into the Depths with the TROLL ® 9500 Water Quality Instrument - Application Note
- Comparing Vented and Non-vented Pressure Sensors - Tech Note
- Configuring In-Situ TROLL Instruments as SDI-12 Sondes for Use with an ISCO 6712 Portable Sampler - Technical Note
- Erosion Control Specialist Uses TROLL® 9000 to Demonstrate How Construction Site Runoff Impacts Water Quality - Application Note
- Converting the output of a 4-20mA signal from a PXD Transducer or the Level TROLL - Tech Note
- Drought Notification System in Texas Monitors Groundwater Leveis and Spring Flow to Trigger Action - Application Note
- Event Testing with Level TROLL® and Aqua TROLL® Instruments - Technical Note
- Tidally-lnfluenced New Orleans Canal Network Benefits front Accurate Water Level Data - Application Note
- Largest River Island in the United States Manages Flood Control with In-Situ® System - Application Note
- Tidally-Influenced New Orleans Canal Network Benefits from Accurate Water Level Data - Application Note
- Improve Landfill Design with Continuous Water Level Monitoring - Application Note
- Agriculture - Agriculture Monitoring and Testing
- Agriculture - Aquaculture
- Environmental - Environmental Monitoring
- Environmental - Site Remediation
- Government - Municipalities
- Mining - Uranium Mining
- Monitoring and Testing
- Monitoring and Testing - Environmental Monitoring
- Monitoring and Testing - Soil and Groundwater Monitoring
- Soil and Groundwater
- Soil and Groundwater - Site Remediation
- Soil and Groundwater - Soil and Groundwater Monitoring and Testing
- University / Academia / Research - Soil and Groundwater Science and Research
- University / Academia / Research - Water Science and Research
- Water and Wastewater
- Water and Wastewater - Stormwater
- Water and Wastewater - Water Monitoring and Testing
- Water and Wastewater - Water Treatment