In Vitro Technologies is a Scientific and Medical distribution company specialising in the sale and support of scientific, clinical diagnostic, medical and related products. The company was established in 2002 and is 100% Australian owned by the multi-generational family company with over 1,200 employees throughout Australia and New Zealand - JJ Richards & Sons Pty Ltd. In Vitro Technologies consists of five major Business Units, providing our customers with the highest quality products and services in the areas of Industrial Science, Life Science, Diagnostics, Women’s and Children’s and Infection Control.
In Vitro Technologies is a Scientific and Medical distribution company specialising in the sale and support of scientific, clinical diagnostic, medical and related products. The company was established in 2002 and is 100% owned by the multi-generational family company JJ Richards & Sons Pty Ltd. JJ Richards & Sons Pty Ltd was established in 1932 and is the largest privately owned waste and environmental management company in Australia, employing over 1,200 employees throughout Australia and New Zealand.
In Vitro Technologies has developed a reputation for being one of the most dynamic and successful companies in the Australian scientific, diagnostic, medical consumables and equipment.
In early 2003, Biotech Ltd. operating for over 20 years in Auckland as a national distributor for medical and clinical diagnostic products, was the company’s first acquisition. In 2004 In Vitro Technologies acquired Medos, established in 1958 as a well known supplier in the Australian scientific and medical market. The combination of these entities has brought together a strengthened partnership of key international suppliers.
In the future, as in the past In Vitro Technologies will be working towards developing strategic alliances with researchers who may require assistance with funding, licensing, product commercialisation and distribution. We are committed to the ideology that Australia needs to continue to undertake research, provide world-class healthcare, and ultimately improve health standards in all areas ensuring In Vitro Technologies makes a valuable contribution.
C.A.R.E the Values our Company lives by!
Our company core values C.A.R.E empower us to work together under a common purpose and ensure we add value in our day-to-day interaction with our customers and colleagues.
Living by our company values matters, culture and values provide the foundation upon which everything else is built. They are arguably our most important competitive advantage In Vitro Technologies has.
Our C.A.R.E Core Values are:
- We are proactive in finding solutions for our customers & business partners that best achieve their goals.
- To be committed at work, we must work together as a team, communicate effectively, support one another and hold each other to high principles.
- Commitment to a customer is to demonstrate that you care, respect and are willing to go the extra mile – willingness to look for a new and better way to do something, then, Just Do It!
- We are accountable for our actions, we take ownership of problems & we solve them.
- It’s about open, proactive communication to keep team members informed of the status of your commitments because it has a direct impact on their ability to achieve their own commitments.
- Taking ownership at work is about taking initiative and doing the right thing for the business. It’s about taking responsibility for results and not assuming its someone else’s responsibility. It’s the opposite of passing the buck.
- We treat people how we would like to be treated & we do the right thing by our customers, colleagues & community. Showing respect to colleagues in the workplace can go a long way toward ensuring a healthy, productive workplace dynamics.
- You demonstrate respect by acting in ways that show you are aware of your colleagues as people who deserve respect. As such, you recognize that they have rights, opinions, wishes, experience and competence. They are worthy of your respect and regard because of the good qualities and capabilities that they bring to our workplace.
- We put our customers first & deliver the very best sales, service & support to our customers & colleagues. Excellence means greatness – the very best. We must aim to achieve excellence in everything we do.
- Every process performed in our organisation has an external or internal customer as its end result. If only one process fails to deliver high performance results, a customer will be affected!
- Striving for excellence is an important part of professionalism in any job. It involves trying to put quality and take pride into everything we do.
In Vitro Technologies specialises in the sales, marketing, distribution and support of quality products and systems to our customers throughout Australia and New Zealand.Over 50 years experience
With over 50 years’ experience in this field, In Vitro Technologies is well regarded as the supplier of choice amongst its peers. Our foundation is built upon dedicated service and unwavering professionalism. A continuous improvement philosophy covers all facets of the In Vitro Technologies business.
Our service is supported through a nationwide distribution channel spanning all corners of Australia and New Zealand. Operating under strict but proven processes in best practice inventory management, In Vitro Technologies’ centralised logistics and distribution facilities in Melbourne (Australia) and Auckland (New Zealand) offer timely and seamless exchange of products from vendor to end-consumer.World class service
By committing to the ongoing support of research in Australia and New Zealand, In Vitro Technologies can honour its philosophy of providing world-class service to research and healthcare whilst fostering innovation in industry. This is the culture that embraces our company and its vision of becoming the leading partner of choice to the medical, scientific and diagnostics fields.
- Innovative and responsive solutions to customer and supplier needs
- Synergistic portfolio of world-class brands in the medical, scientific and diagnostics industries
- A track record of delivering long term growth in market share
- Access and knowledge of leading client networks
- Comprehensive understanding of the Australian and New Zealand marketplace
- Dedicated team of experienced sales, marketing, technical support and customer care professionals
- Financial strength with demonstrated business momentum
In Vitro Technologies’ corporate structure encompasses cooperation, effective communication and the freedom to be creative in an environment which is controlled but supportive.
This structure comprises of three defined sales and marketing departments supported by Customer Care, Distribution, Technical Support, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Management, Graphic Design, Accounts and Planning, under the umbrella of parent company J.J. Richards & Sons Pty. Ltd.; which is a long term leader in service delivery.
In Vitro Technologies operates a corporate Quality Management System (QMS) that is certified to ISO 9001:2015.
In Vitro Technologies operates a corporate Quality Management System (QMS) that is certified to ISO 9001. This internationally recognised standard ensures that our QMS is world class and available on request.
Our ISO9001 certification demonstrates our ability to provide products that meet all regulatory and customer requirements and verifies our demonstrated commitment to continual improvement and effective customer focus.
- Sales, importation and distribution of scientific, laboratory, medical and immunodiagnostic instrumentation and consumables.
- Management of installation and after sales service for equipment and instrumentation imported from Europe, USA and Asia, and locally manufactured.
- Centralised administration and warehousing for Australia-wide distribution network.
The ISO 9001 standard is divided into 5 different sections:
- Quality Management System
- Management Responsibility
- Resource Management
- Product Realisation
- Measurement, Analysis & Improvement
Choosing In Vitro Technologies ensures that, working within ISO 9001 guidelines, we deliver continual improvement to each process through:
- A dedicated quality policy
- Continual planning
- Consistent implementation and operation
- Thorough measurement and evaluation; and
- Regular management reviews
Through strict adherence to the principals of the ISO 9001 standards, In Vitro Technologies has experienced improved workflow in each of our business units and operations.
Our employees have immediate access to standardised resources which ensure that we apply consistent business practices in everything we do. This provides greater efficiency in our business resulting in greater customer service and satisfaction to our valued customers.
Re-certification audit took place in May 2018 and we are pleased to announce that In Vitro Technologies has successfully transitioned to ISO 9001:2015 standard. This audit confirmed that our processes and ongoing continuous improvement initiatives meet all the ISO certification requirements.