IAQA is a non-profit, 501(c)(6) organization. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in IAQ. Current members come from a diverse range of professions and trades including Environmental Consultants, HVAC Practitioners, Design Engineers, Restorers and Remediators, Industrial Hygienists, Building & Facilities Managers, Attorneys, Manufacturers Reps and many others in related fields. IAQA is an international association headquartered within the Washington, DC metropolitan area, in Rockville, Maryland.
The Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) was established in 1995 to promote uniform standards, procedures and protocols in the Indoor Air Quality industry. In 2005 IAQA’s membership was consolidated with two very similar organizations: The American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) and the Indoor Environmental Standards Organization (IESO). IAQA emerged from the consolidation with 5,566 members as of January 1, 2006. Membership dues are remarkably affordable and include an enormous array of benefits:
- Subscription to Indoor Environment Connections, a monthly indoor air quality newspaper
- Subscription to In the Air, a monthly newsletter, updating members and the industry at large about association programs and activities, industry events and other news items of interest.
- Chapter Membership in one of more than 40 chapters world-wide. Chapters hold 2-4 workshops yearly.
- Annual Meeting with three solid days of top-rated technical sessions and more than 300 exhibitors. IAQA’s Expo is combined with the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) and the Radiant Panel Association (RPA).
- Government Affairs Reporting: Active tracking and reporting on state legislative proposal about indoor air, green buildings, mold, school environments, smoking and more!
- Education Courses: Training classes for workers, techs and supervisor/managers on microbial remediation and investigation. Advanced classes for IAQ consultants and facility managers. Many courses correspond to the knowledgebase and core skills defined by ACAC Council-certified programs.
- Weekly Email News: IAQA Digest is a weekly snapshot of the week’s mainstream press headlines on IAQ.
- Research Support: IAQA co-funds research into a wide variety of issues including human performance and IAQ, and mold remediation. New projects are under regular consideration.
- Online learning opportunities: IAQA produces a number of webinars and online learning opportunities each year.
- Members’ Only Listserv: Your #1 resource for answers to your toughest IAQA questions.
- Standards: IESO, a wholly owned subsidiary of IAQA, is an ANSI accredited Standards Organization. IESO creates the Standard that define your work practices.
- Lead Generator: Robust online member database allowing consumers to find IAQ Consultants, Contractors and Products.
- Member Discount: Virtually all IAQA products and services are offered at a significant discount to IAQA members.
- Volunteer Opportunities: As an IAQA member, you can help shape the future of the industry and organization by serving on a wide variety of Committees.
- Member Recognition: Members receive a membership certificate, suitable for framing and limited license to use the IAQA logo in advertising and commerce.
- Continuing Education: IAQA conventions, chapter workshops, webinars and other education forums typically qualify for continuing education towards certification renewal by industry certifying bodies.
- Advocacy: IAQA represents the views of the industry to governmental agencies and NGOs, including ASHRAE, USGBC, EPA, HUD and more.
- Industry Publications: IAQA sells standards produced by other organizations to its members at deeply discounted rates.
- Networking opportunities.
- IAQA is a non-profit, 501(c)(6) organization. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in IAQ. Current members come from a diverse range of professions and trades including Environmental Consultants, HVAC Practitioners, Design Engineers, Restorers and Remediators, Industrial Hygienists, Building & Facilities Managers, Attorneys, Manufacturers Reps and many others in related fields. IAQA is an international association headquartered within the Washington, DC metropolitan area, in Rockville, Maryland.
IAQA members may actively participate in committees addressing specific areas of interest. Present committees include: Building Science, Chapter Relations, Annual Meeting, Education, Ethics, Finance, Futures, Government Affairs, Green, Research, Home Health, Insurance, International, Membership, Marketing, Nominating, Publication & Resources, and Bylaws. Additional Ad-Hoc and Special Committees may be active as well. Speak to a member of the IAQA staff if you are interested in volunteering your time and knowledge to IAQA!
Membership is so affordable, why not join today! Right away you’ll start receiving Indoor Environment Connections newspaper – a $75.00 per year value. You will receive a Certificate of Membership to represent your professional commitment to the IAQ industry to colleagues.
You’ll have access to a full-time professional staff at IAQA Headquarters that often assists members with special projects and problems. You won’t miss out on “IAQA Alerts” — special emails circulated to members regarding disaster activities, or legislative issues that may affect the industry.