Institute for Safety and Health Management is the governing body. To obtain the CSHM designation you must sit for an exam and meet requirements for employment, education, etc. The ASHM is available to college grads of a recognized accredited safety program. Additionally an approved combination of education and experience can qualify for the ASHM designation.
The only EHS Certification focusing entirely on the Management Process
- Applying practical safety management principles to any field and every department.
- Giving you the credibility to be part of the team.
- Helping companies achieve total quality management.
- To serve all industries by providing accredited EHS Management Certifications that improve safety for workers and value for employers.
ISHM Core Values
- Maintain honesty and integrity in all relationships.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in everything we say and do.
- Develop products and relationships that enhance the value of ISHM certifications for EHS professionals and their employers.
Institute for Safety and Health Management provides accredited certifications for Safety and Health Managers and Practitioners. It is the only HSE certification provider that focuses on the entire safety management process. It recognizes safety professionals for the education and experience they have gained and is widely accepted by Occupational Health and Safety Departments in General Industry, Construction, Oil and Gas, Utilities, Healthcare and Emergency Management markets.
Directors and Committee Members assure the highest professional standards and candidate qualifications. ISHM is industry-recognized, nationally accredited, and accepted for professional membership by ASSE. ISHM is CESB Accredited and a member of the National Safety Council.
ISHM is focused on putting you on the right path to advance your career. We accept various combinations of education and experience, while providing a straight-forward application process. Our Mentoring and Veteran’s Reimbursement programs are intended to provide HSE professionals with resources to be successful.
We want to celebrate your achievements. In 2011, ISHM created the Safety Management Professional of the Year award to recognize safety managers who have had a significant impact on their company’s safety practices, policies and procedures, or who have demonstrated leadership and inspired others to lead. Past winners of the highly esteemed award have represented Border Security, Gaming, Aerospace, and Healthcare industries.
- ISHM accepts various combinations of education and experience.
- ISHM provides fast-track options for individuals with EHS Degrees.
- ISHM is industry recognized, nationally-accredited, and accepted for
professional membership by ASSE.