Comprised of more than 70 member companies, the Institute of Clean Air Companies (ICAC) is a national trade organization that represents suppliers of air pollution monitoring and control systems, equipment, and services for stationary sources in the U.S. and Canada. The association serves its members by working with government, business, public, and private groups to ensure that the industry and its products are properly represented and understood. ICAC also provides its members with current information and weekly updates on policies and developments that impact their companies.
ICAC advocacy efforts focus on advancing members’ common business interests by pushing for sound, flexible, technically feasible clean air policies that promote public health, environmental quality, and industrial progress.
Industries ICAC serves:
- Emissions control technologies: VOC, SO2, NOx, PM, Hg, GHG, and air toxics
- Emissions measurement technologies: CEMS, Portables, DAHS, etc.
- Leading manufacturers of industry equipment
- Providers of related advisory and implementation services
ICAC serves the air pollution control industry as a responsible and responsive presence in Washington, D.C. and throughout the country, with a demonstrated success in working with governmental, business, public, and private groups to ensure that our industry and its products are properly represented and understood.
ICAC has represented the stationary source air pollution control and monitoring industry for over 50 years. The Institute’s mission is to work for strong, flexible clean air policies that rest on practical, achievable and measurable emission limitations.
To be the voice of the stationary source air pollution control and monitoring industry by providing technical information relevant to flexible clean air policies based on practical, achievable and measurable emissions limitations.
To achieve a balance between air quality and industrial growth by providing credible high quality technical information.
- Provide credible, high-quality, reliable information to government entities and relevant industry parties
- Encourage policies that are open to innovation and new technology
- Treat all stakeholders equally and with respect
Value Proposition of ICAC Membership:
- a forum for the lawful exchange of technical information and standards development
- credible, influential representation of member interest in policy discussions
- timely industry and regulatory information
- venues for networking opportunities with decision makers in the APC industry
- access to technical and regulatory experts
- access to relevant governmental information on APC policy
- technology forums
- and to represent the members to trade press and other media outlets
Deliverables to Members:
- Weekly Executive Update
- Annual Market Forecast
- Annual Meeting
- Division Meetings
- EPA Roundtables and other agency meetings
- ICAC Website
- Leadership development opportunities co-sponsored forums with other sister trade associations
- Interaction with state and local air agencies
- EPA/DOC Trade Initiative