Instrumentation GDD Inc.
Instrumentation GDD Inc. was established in Quebec in 1977 by Edwin Gaucher, Regis Desbiens and Rejean Desbiens. The production line, research and administration offices are located in Quebec City, Canada. Instrumentation GDD Inc. is a world leader in high-tech geophysical instrumentation for mining and exploration geophysics. Since 1977, GDD has developed, manufactured and sold a wide range of electromagnetic (EM) and induced polarization geophysical instruments. Today, GDD`s team still includes two of its founders, Edwin Gaucher and Regis Desbiens. Pierre Gaucher joined the team in 1991. The academic education of each one, combined to a solid professional experience, makes them the pillars of the company.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Soil and Groundwater Monitoring
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
- Edwin Gaucher is a geological engineer who holds a Ph.D. of Harvard University, Massachusetts (1960). In 1975, he started to contract geophysics and then, founded Geosig Inc.in 1978, a consulting firm specialized in geophysics, that he managed until 1995. He was also vice-president of research and exploration at SOQUEM (Societe quebecoise d'exploration miniere) for over 10 years.
- Regis Desbiens is an engineer who holds a degree in physical engineering of Laval University in Quebec (1976). He worked for Spar Aerospace Technologies in Montreal for four years before joining GDD.
- Pierre Gaucher holds a degree in mining engineering of Laval University in Quebec (1981) and has a Master of Business Administration of the Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, in Montreal (1986). He worked during five years for IBM Canada Limited in marketing. He also worked for two years as a miner, mining engineer, foreman and captain of an underground Gold mine for Corporation Teck.
GDD's team of researchers, engineers and technicians is always committed to solving problems related to mining & exploration fields. The client satisfaction is first in their priorities list. GDD is renowned for its customer service and its very rugged and reliable instrumentation. GDD is considered a world leader in geophysical instrumentation and is always looking to innovate.
GDD Product Evolution Since 1977
- 1977-78: The '' Prospecting Sulky'', Beep Mat ancestor to detect boulders.
- 1980: The Beep Mat pulled by a horse
- 1983: The first Beep Mat pulled by a human (wood version)
- 1977: The electronic level. The ''Prospecting Sulky'' pulled by a vehicle.
- 1977-78: The ''Prospecting Sulky'' module.
- 1980: The rubber Beep Carpet pulled by a vehicle.
- 1980: The Beep Cane.
- 1981: The Beep Boot to detect conductors step by step. The module for the Beep Carpet, Beep Cane and Beep Boot.
- 1978: The chain level used in summer time.
- 1978: The chain level used in winter time.
- 1978: The SWP1 receiver, ancestor of all digital receivers. Developed by Soquem inc., it has been adapted to fields conditions and finalized by Instrumentation GDD inc.