IIRSM is the independent charity providing practical support to everyone involved in managing risks to benefit people, society, governments and business. We are a collaborative and accessible professional body, led by our members. We have 8000 members globally, representing all risk areas from compliance, environmental management, health and safety, insurance, internal audit, quality management, security, project management and more.
The International Institute of Risk and Safety Management is a professional body that offers recognition, information and support to over 8,000 Members around the world in all areas of risk and safety management.
Whether you are new to risk management, an experienced risk and safety management practitioner or work in a related profession, membership of IIRSM will benefit you. IIRSM caters for individual and corporate professionals and specialist members in all sectors of industry related to risk management, ensuring excellent support and benefits to all of our members.
Our remit is to
- Ensure that our members’ professional skills are recognised and respected
- Offer opportunities and services for advancement, support and networking
- Advance public education in risk, health and safety management
IIRSM was established in 1975 as a professional body for health and safety practitioners. It was created to recognise individuals and advance professional standards in accident prevention and occupational health throughout the world. Now in our 40th year, we represent members in over 70 countries. The International Institution of Risk and Safety Management is an industry leader in delivering excellent services in the risk, health and safety management sector.
IIRSM was established in 1975 and is proud to be a community-minded and accessible professional body, run by Members for Members.
Our Members lead the way in managing risk, safety and health to benefit people and business
To be the International Institute of choice for risk management professionals by providing support to our worldwide membership and building meaningful partnerships to enhance public education and industry-wide collaboration.
Specifically, we will:
- Ensure our members are recognised for their status, knowledge and skills
- Provide practical and accessible education, resources and community networking opportunities enabling our Members to take a leadership role in development and implementation of integrated risk policies
- Work collaboratively and create meaningful partnerships to aid the advancement of the profession
- Foster an environment in which our members feel valued and have opportunities to develop professionally and grow their skills
- Provide quality products and services and deliver excellence in our customer service and governance