INFORSE- Europe is one of the 7 regions of the International Network for Sustainable Energy (INFORSE), which is a worldwide NGO network formed at the Global Forum in Rio in 1992. INFORSE has more than 145 member organisations worldwide and works for implementation of sustainable energy solutions by exchange of information, awareness creation, formulation and implementation of strategies, and lobbying of international forums. INFORSE-Europe has 85 members from 35 countries, which are detailed in our online membership list. Since 2002, INFORSE-Europe has been operating as a seperate economic entity. The Bylaws were adopted in 1994 and revised in 2005.
INFORSE became 15-year old in 2007. INFORSE- Europe celebrated this at the Seminar at the Danish renewable-energy island Samsø. See 15-year Theme in Sustainable Energy News: 'Rio 2002-Samsø 2007', '15 years good work for our world'. (1,2 MB pdf file).
INFORSE is a meeting place for NGOs working on grassroots level as well as on national, regional and international levels, all united on a common strategy for a long- term sustainable development with phasing out of nuclear and fossil energy use.
The INFORSE network is facilitating practical and political exchange of experiences among NGOs, liaising with concerned multilateral agencies, creating political and public awareness, and seeking support for NGO activities.
INFORSE lobbies to promote sustainable energy solutions - renewable energy and energy efficiency - which utilise decentralised approaches. All activities seek to protect the environment, and to achieve development.
The member organisations and the Regional Coordinator(s) organize regional meetings and initiatives including conferences, workshops, campaigns, and research projects. The regional meetings are the foundation of the network's democratic structure, with discussions of regional action plans and initiatives. The Coordinators work on regional action plans, secure regional focal-points of INFORSE and coordinate the INFORSE regions. The Coordinators also incorporate the views and initiatives of each region in the planning of the network's global activities.
INFORSE-Europe members elect the organisation's Coordinator(s) and Board at the General Meetings. All activities are conducted according to the INFORSE-Europe Bylaws and the INFORSE Charter. The Bylaws were adopted at the General Meeting in 1994 and modified in 2005.
INFORSE-Europe is Campaign Associate to the EU Sustainable Energy Europe Campaign Initiative. INFORSE's participated on the First Conference of the Campaign in 2005 (review), on the Sustainable Energy Week in 2007, and exhibited at EUSEW 2008, Brussels, January 28-February 1, 2008. INFORSE-Europe organised an event for the Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW'09) in February 2009, as well as at EUSEW 2011. Read more on the EU SE Campaign.
INFORSE-Europe Exhibited alone or together with other NGOs in the last years including:
- EUSEW 2013, Brussels (EUSEW'13)
- EU Green Week May 2011, Brussels (GW'11)
- EU Green Week 2009, Brussels (GW'09)
- EUSEW 2008, Brussels, (EUSEW'08)
- Environmental Ministers' Meeting, Exhibition in cooperation with NN/SPARE, Belgrade, 2007 (Belgrade´07)
- RENEXPO, 2006, Ausburg, Germany. (RENEXPO'06)
- EU Green Week, May 29-June 3, 2005, Brussels, Belgium. (GW'05)
- World Sustainable Energy Days, Wels, Austria, 2005 (Wels'05)
- Bonn Renewables 2004 Conference, Exhibition together with CURES (Bonn´04)
INFORSE has Consultative Status with the UN ECOSOC and UNFCCC. Comments, workshops, statements, exhibitions are prepared for several United Nations or Ministerial events and their parallel NGO Forums including:
- Climate Conferences (UNFCCC): COP22, 2016, SB44 Bonn 2016, COP21 Paris 2015, SBI42 Bonn 2015, COP20 Lima 2014, COP19 Warsaw 2013, COP18 Doha, Qatar 2012, COP17 South Africa 2011, COP16 Cancun 2010, COP15 Copenhagen 2009, COP14 Poznan 2008, and COP13 Bali 2007).
- Rio+20, June 2012
- UN-ECE Working Groups on Environment and on Sustainable Energy in Geneva.
- Follow up of the Rio Conferences, UN CSD Process. (CSD15 New York 2007, and CSD14 New York in 2006, CSD9 New York, WSSD & Civil Society Forum, Johannesburg, 2002)
- Follow up of the Johannesburg Conference (Bonn 2004, Beijing 2005).
- European Environmental Ministers' Meeting Aarhus ´98 (NGO local Organisers), (Belgrade 2005).
- 5th International Conference on Adult Education ‘97, (Budapest 2006).
- UNESCO World Solar Summit 1996 .
- World Summit for Social Development 1995.