The IOA was formed in 1973 to serve as the focal point for technology transfer and developments on ozone-related issues. For this purpose, IOA has served as the central , worldwide gathering and disseminating point on ozone information, bringing together scientists, engineers, systems designers, technologists, equipment manufacturers, and end users to share their experiences and research data on ozone and other related oxygen compounds.The IOA is a not-for-profit educational association which performs its information-sharing functions through sponsorship of international symposia, seminars, publications, and the development of personal relationships among ozone specialists throughout the world.
- Generation of ozone from air or oxygen by corona discharge or by ionizing radiation
- Mass transfer of ozone into water and wastewater
- Chemical reactions of ozone for commercial organic syntheses
- Drinking water treatment for disinfection and for oxidation of pollutants
- Ozone treatment for preservation of fruits and for food processing
- Stratospheric reactions of ozone
- Development of reliable analytical procedures for ozone
- Materials of construction for ozone use
- Ozone safety and health effects
Membership participation in IOA programs is conducted through one of three regional groups. All members in North, Central and South America receive their membership services from and belong to the Pan American Group [PAG].
All members in other countries of the World, excluding Japan, receive their membership services from and belong to the European African Australasian Group [EA3G].
The Nippon Islands Group [NIG] handles membership and services for Japan.
Membership in the IOA is open to any individual or corporation having a direct or indirect interest in the development and advancement of ozone technology. Specific membership classifications and dues [subscriptions] investment schedules are provided on the official membership application form. For PAG, the IOA is tax-exempt organization under Internal Revenue Service Code 501 (c) (3). All contributions of membership donations are tax deductible. For members of other countries, reference should be made to National codes for tax practices.
AS A MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL OZONE ASSOCIATION YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Access to the world's top specialist in ozone technology. You will have more than information at your disposal - you will have the seasoned experience of over 1500 individuals who have spent years working with all facets of ozone technology. Water purification, water reclamation, sewage treatment, odor control, cooling tower water treatment, food processing, aquatic biofouling, marine depuration, air purification, and even medical applications are but a few of the applied and experimental uses of ozone which have been studied in detail by IOA members. With IOA you have access to the equivalent of decades of problem-solving experience - experience that will save you countless hours of research and experimentation.
- Regular, bimonthly updates on the latest developments in equipment, applications, and literature through the IOA newsletter, Ozone News. Ozone News presents you with a quick summary of new developments in ozone technology. Case studies, equipment announcements, research findings, literature abstracts and hundreds of valuable information items are presented in concise, readable form bimonthly. You will always know what is happening in ozone and in the IOA as it happens without ever having to leave your office.
- Detailed analyses of major research and developments through your bimonthly issues of the IOA Journal, OZONE: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING (OS&E). Each issue contains abstracts and full articles on a wide range of ozone issues. In-depth technical findings, application analyses, experimental results, engineering improvements, system design reports, and hundreds of other vital articles are compiled specifically for your use. No other publication presents such detailed, problem-solving information on ozone technology.
- Listing in WHO'S WHO IN OZONE. This annual resource directory presents the only information available on ozone specialists throughout the world. Full listings include name, title, company, address, telephone number, educational background, primary and secondary ozone application experience (i.e. wastewater treatment, odor control, etc.) and whether an individual's experience was applied in experimental or full operating facilities. When you need help, WHO'S WHO identifies the contacts who are most likely to have the background and experience you need to solve your problem.
- Periodic monographs on special issues relating to ozone applications. As new data becomes available on different uses of ozone, IOA assembles special, topical publications providing state-of-the-art information. As a member of IOA, you will have the opportunity to develop a detailed library on ozone applications which will serve as a useful reference resource now, and in the future.
- An opportunity to participate in the biennial International Ozone World Congress at member discounted rates. The World Congress offers a unique educational opportunity to visit plant operations in foreign countries, to interface with world ozone specialists, to hear detailed presentations on the latest developments in ozone, and to participate in the only ozone technology exhibition in existence. The Congress is the only open forum for direct international exchange of ozone technology, an exchange that will provide you with the latest available data.
- Special membership discounts of 25% or more for technical meetings and seminars. In addition to the Biennial World Congress, IOA annually sponsors up to three special seminars giving in-depth instruction on the latest technological advancements in ozone. Your membership in IOA will keep you posted on the latest meeting developments - meetings that will give you information that is not available from any other source.
- Meeting proceedings. Can't travel to all the important meetings? IOA proceedings are offered to all members at special discounted rates. We make it easy for you to have access to the latest in ozone information.
- Legislative reports and information on Government regulations. IOA's Washington office will keep you informed on the latest legislative and regulatory reforms affecting ozone applications in business, industry, municipalities and other environmental arenas.
- International recognition for contributions you make. IOA annually sponsors an international awards program to recognize contributions made by individuals and companies to the technology and technology transfer of ozone. You can receive international recognition by your peers for your industry achievements.
Huge Clearance Sale
CD-ROMS, Proceedings and Books Up to 75% Discount!
The following documents are available online:
- Ozone Publications Catalog
- Ozone News Volume 33 Number 4
- Ozone News Volume 34 Number 2
- Ozone News Volume 34 Number 5
- Ozone News Volume 34 Number 6
- Ozone News Volume 35 Number 1
- Ozone News Volume 35 Number 4
- Ozone News Volume 35 Number 5