JASCO designs and manufactures analytical instruments that cater to academic, pharmaceutical, forensics, biotechnology and industrial sectors. JASCO is a first-rate Japanese based company, operating throughout the Americas, Asia, Europe, Oceania, and the Middle East. During these past 50 years of proven track record, JASCO has built a reputation for continually providing high-quality products and successfully finding solutions for our valuable portfolio of long term clients. Our principal goal still remains that we ensure our customers are completely satisfied from Order Placement through installation, training, and beyond.
In the mid-1950's a group of scientists in the Institute of Optics, what is now Tsukuba University, required an infrared spectrophotometer for research. Since a commercial instrument was not available, they undertook the challenge of developing their own. The result was quite a success: a reliable instrument with exceptional optical performance.
Soon thereafter, other researchers began requesting replicas of the instrument. In response to this increasing demand, the Japan Spectroscopic Corporation (JASCO) was founded in 1958 in order to provide the scientific community with optical spectroscopy products. Founding members include world-famous physicist Yoshio Fujioka and Nobel Prize winner Shinichiro Tomonaga.
Over the years, JASCO’s spectroscopy product line has expanded extensively, with the current product line including:
- Circular Dichroism Spectrometers
- Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectrometers
- UV/Visible and Near Infrared Spectrophotometers
- Fluorescence Spectrophotometers
- Dispersive Raman Spectrometers
- FT-Raman Spectrometers
- Dissolution Systems
- Near Field Optical Micro-Spectrometers
With the introduction of HPLC in the mid-1970's, JASCO's experience in optical systems led to the development of chromatographic detection systems; and, over time, complete HPLC systems. In 1985, JASCO began offering a supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) system, including the patented back-pressure regulator and, in 2005, an ultra high performance LC system (UHPLC) was introduced. Our current chromatography product line includes:
- Supercritical Fluid Chromatography/Extraction Systems (Analytical and Preparative)
- UHPLC -- Ultra High Performance Liquid Chromatography Systems
- HPLC -- High Performance Liquid Chromatography Systems
- Variable Wavelength/Scanning UV/Visible Detectors
- Multiple Wavelength UV Detector
- Diode-array UV/Visible Detectors
- Variable Wavelength/Scanning Fluorescence Detector
- Refractive Index Detector
- Chiral Detectors
- Circular Dichroism (CD) Detector
- Chemiluminescence Detectors
During these past 50 years, JASCO has grown to become a first-rate global company, operating in 57 countries throughout the Americas, Asia, Europe, Oceania, and the Middle East, that continually provides premium products and solutions for our valued customers.